Pandora queue to Pyra queue

ToastBucket

Very Active Member
Hey guys.  Sorry I know there's been a massive amount of questions similar to this, but I've read all of the stickies and there's still a decent amount of confusion for me.  In the survey email, which I responded to and decided to wait for my Rebirth Pandora, I think it says that I will either receive a Rebirth Pandora or be placed somewhere in the beginning of the Pyra line.  Does this mean if I get placed in the Pyra line, I will get a Pyra for no additional cost?  Seeing as how I have technically already paid for one as long as the price of the Pyra is $400 or less.

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Hey guys.  Sorry I know there's been a massive amount of questions similar to this, but I've read all of the stickies and there's still a decent amount of confusion for me.  In the survey email, which I responded to and decided to wait for my Rebirth Pandora, I think it says that I will either receive a Rebirth Pandora or be placed somewhere in the beginning of the Pyra line.  Does this mean if I get placed in the Pyra line, I will get a Pyra for no additional cost?  Seeing as how I have technically already paid for one as long as the price of the Pyra is $400 or less.
I don't think so. The money you spent on your Pandora is gone (ask Craig where it went) and I believe the offer makes it possible for you to get a Pyra at production price or something like that, which is not the same as free while it should be cheaper than the sales price. I'm not 100% sure if what I am stating is correct so better to confirm with ED in any case. 

ToastBucket

Very Active Member
So people who's orders were lost in the Pandora line essentially will be able to get a Pyra for $600-700..

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
Or whatever figure ED works out to be the finished cost price, yes.

thatgui

Advanced Member
So people who's orders were lost in the Pandora line essentially will be able to get a Pyra for $600-700..
Hard to believe that this will be the price range for production costs. Looking at this, I guess you will find yourself in the 400-500USD (with a tendency towards the lower end) price range

Last edited by a moderator:

rohezal

Advanced Member
Nope it should be around 350€ instead instead of 600€.

Glyph Reader

Now the only thing left to know is how much the Pyra Dock is going to be.  Based on the Pyra cost estimates, I have saved up enough money already, but I would like to save up for the dock as well.  Has there been any sort of work done on the Pyra Dock behind the scenes? 

-Glyph Reader

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Now the only thing left to know is how much the Pyra Dock is going to be.  Based on the Pyra cost estimates, I have saved up enough money already, but I would like to save up for the dock as well.  Has there been any sort of work done on the Pyra Dock behind the scenes? 

-Glyph Reader
As far as i know, Ed will start work on the docking station once the Pyra is finished.

FBnil

I promise to cut my personal CO2 emissions by 2060
I'd rather he worked on the harpoon first.  (when was the launch day again?)

ToastBucket

Very Active Member
Hard to believe that this will be the price range for production costs. Looking at this, I guess you will find yourself in the 400-500USD (with a tendency towards the lower end) price range
Well I'm taking into account the fact that I already spent $400 for a Pandora ~4 years ago.   So you're guessing that the production cost will be close to $400?  Or the overall.

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Well I'm taking into account the fact that I already spent $400 for a Pandora ~4 years ago.   So you're guessing that the production cost will be close to $400?  Or the overall.
I think 500 euros was the mooted price for a retail pyra. I'm not 100% certain though. I think the manufacturing price will not be cheap, it being a niche product with low volume production.

Granitehead

Advanced Member
 Well I'm taking into account the fact that I already spent $400 for a Pandora ~4 years ago. So you're guessing that the production cost will be close to $400?  Or the overall.
Problem is, this is irrelevant. Go sue Craig. He spent your money on /something/ and he most probably has nothing left you could get.
ED is just being nice and giving you a Pyra at production cost because he is nice.

Production cost isn't known yet, but I guess it could very well be $400. Read the thread which was linked, you can do the maths yourself.

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
Wasn't there a donation fund for the remaining pre-orders?  Has that ended, I don't see it on the front page anymore?