Pandora Self Assembly

gadgetoid

Staff member
Website
pinout.xyz
Let me begin by quoting CraigIX from the 27th May 2009:
If you are insanely desperate to get your unit it's possible you could have a DIY build unit sooner than you think - if you are prepared to assemble the case yourself
Source: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/47982-where-is-my-200-handheld/page__view__findpost__p__728553

I'm sure there are enough of us experienced enough in assembling/hacking/modding gadgets for there to be a small number of people who would want a self-assembly, pre-release Pandora. I believe such people would also be of use to those currently authoring software for the Pandora, where there is a clear need for a body of testers/bug reporters, not to mention the much more important need for people actively working on and contributing to that software.

I'm not going to start a poll, but who would be interested in such a Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that most of us would be interested, but I think that was probably a tongue-in-cheek comment from Craig.

It has been discussed and was dismissed :)

Edit:
To be more precise, the main reason was the problem with warranty.

Fine, you'll get your Pandora without a warranty, but it'll still be pre-assembled first, and you'll be charged the same amount for it :)

it won't be done. ref.:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50853-how-and-when-would-you-prefer-you-pandora/page__p__784061&#entry784061

rabidpoobear said:
Have they decided if they're gonna let us go to the factory and help assemble? It's not too far from where I live...
search: "general public to assemble our pandoras?"

then stand back ;)

Don't know if you've ever worked in a factory before but that's just not how it works..

It's possible to break the LCD cable really easily if you don't know what you are doing. That's why we dropped that idea.

Back