Pandora Pandora Stylus's Not Accurate In Sdl Apps

I noticed that too. I think the latest experience of this kind was in "X-Com: Ufo Defense", which AFAIK also uses SDL.

What do you mean by "bad accuracy"?
SDL apps that don't use the full screen have a problem where the cursor becomes offset if you touch any of the black bars next to the application.
But this can be fixed like this: OpenPandora: Using custom cursors in fullscreen X11 SDL windows without touchscreen drifting/grabbing issues. @ Distant-Earth

If that's the problem one only has to implement that simple piece of code into the software, compile and pack it. See for example LemmingsSDL where this is applied.

foxblock said:
SDL apps that don't use the full screen have a problem where the cursor becomes offset if you touch any of the black bars next to the application.
But this can be fixed like this: OpenPandora: Using custom cursors in fullscreen X11 SDL windows without touchscreen drifting/grabbing issues. @ Distant-Earth

If that's the problem one only has to implement that simple piece of code into the software, compile and pack it. See for example LemmingsSDL where this is applied.

I investigated on this topic once again. It was not "X-Com: Ufo Defense", but "FreeHeroes" that has this issue and it's exactly what you describe: The mouse-pointer is set nicely to the point where I tip the stylus for as long as I do not click on the black area right or left of the game-screen. Maybe pickle can apply the solution you mentioned. At least he is the one who ported it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a fix for this:
http://blogs.distant-earth.com/wp/?p=293

Back