Pandora Support Icon - remember them?

LineOf7s

Website
www.lineof7s.com
Per this thread originally:

...which linked to this page which is still up: http://www.icontrolpad.com/pandorasupportus.html

I'm glad people are finally starting to get their shiny metal Pandora keyrings, but has there been any mention (I searched a little) of any of the other 'rewards' offered at the time? Deep down I don't really care I suppose, but the fact is that the deal was "Hey! If you give us $ we'll give you _____" and there's a clear pattern emerging of the ______ sort of falling by the wayside a bit (and yes I am yet to receive my Pandora).

Did I miss a thread saying the idea was scrapped? A poll asking which icon we want? A detailed explanation perhaps as to why it takes so long for the Chinese to assemble a forum icon?

If I remember correctly there was a big argument about it. Something like those who did have the icon will feel like they have superiority over those who don't.

I'm just jealous of those with the big ones :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Per this thread originally: http://boards.openpa...rter%20%20badge

...which linked to this page which is still up: http://www.icontrolp...asupportus.html

I'm glad people are finally starting to get their shiny metal Pandora keyrings, but has there been any mention (I searched a little) of any of the other 'rewards' offered at the time? Deep down I don't really care I suppose, but the fact is that the deal was "Hey! If you give us $ we'll give you _____" and there's a clear pattern emerging of the ______ sort of falling by the wayside a bit (and yes I am yet to receive my Pandora).

Did I miss a thread saying the idea was scrapped? A poll asking which icon we want? A detailed explanation perhaps as to why it takes so long for the Chinese to assemble a forum icon?
Id forgotten about this.The early access to news about new OP products is what interests me.I donated for the sticker thing i think didn't bother with the keyring thing.Early news would be nice.Don't care about sticker.

As I said, I'm less worried about the icon (that I in theory paid for) and more about the general culture of unaccountability that seems to have become de rigueur around here.

"I'll send you an email when it ships". "I'll post a tweet when they arrive". "I'll update this thread in a couple of days". "I'll have pictures up soon". "There'll be a big announcement next week". "You'll get a thankyou if you donate". "That'll be shipped within seven days". "I'll find out and get back to you".

Seriously?

So, where are our icons/stickers/keyrings/anything else that's been promised, not delivered and not explained away? We as a community will put up with a lot of excuses, but if we're at the point where even excuses are too much trouble... well that's surely just taking the piss.

As I said, I'm less worried about the icon (that I in theory paid for) and more about the general culture of unaccountability that seems to have become de rigueur around here.

"I'll send you an email when it ships". "I'll post a tweet when they arrive". "I'll update this thread in a couple of days". "I'll have pictures up soon". "There'll be a big announcement next week". "You'll get a thankyou if you donate". "That'll be shipped within seven days". "I'll find out and get back to you".

Seriously?

So, where are our icons/stickers/keyrings/anything else that's been promised, not delivered and not explained away? We as a community will put up with a lot of excuses, but if we're at the point where even excuses are too much trouble... well that's surely just taking the piss.
Though it is indeed another excuse. I imagine he just plain forgot all about the stickers.But yes if something is promised then they need to deliver at least when it's something as small as a sticker.Though i personally couldn't give a fig about the sticker.

Oh well. At least it's been said now.

I'm sure it'll all come good eventually. I mean, it's not like Craig to let anyone down or break a promise, is it?

Might wanna leave it a bit before you come cap-in-hand looking for financial support, though. Let the memories fade a bit.

Appreciate the sentiment but you may wish to give Craigix the benefit of the doubt here.

He did mention back here http://boards.openpa...post__p__117359 a desire to get the forum support badge icons up and running, as was intended and I'm sure he had no intention of not sending out the mini metal pandoras to their rightful owners either and perhaps thats a 'very busy' oversight like here http://boards.openpa...dpost__p__17237 would suggest in Prometheus' case.

I had similar with my iCP order, in that it was emailed as sent but marked at their end as sent, when it wasn't.

I had to contact Jacquelyn to get the actual unit sent out properly.

This is a small project and currently Craigix is probably drowning in final assembly, testing, boxing and shipping of iCP's to even attempt to meet demand, perhaps on his own, or maybe with a skeleton crew (no offense to Jacquelyn as I doubt she has muscles on her muscles like Skeletor had).

I highly doubt he has any intention of seeming to rip anyone off and zero actual intent of doing so.

Maybe the community can come to the fore again and create the accepted artwork for these support icons amongst themselves?

Once decided, a community member or mod, could be given access to who is allowed to have them attributed to their avatars/profiles?

Until then it's another wait and see time I would guess.

To summarise my position:

1. Like most others, I couldn't care less about any supporters icon per se. I might be more concerned if it was a metal Pandora or a sticker though (incidentally the mention you linked to of his 'desire' was in response to a query about a sticker that didn't get sent - a query that was ignored).
  2. There's doubt? The appeal was made on the 6th of SEPTEMBER. Five months.
  3. I'm not meaning to suggest at all that Craig or anyone else is attempting to "rip anyone off". I'm not suggesting it comes from maliciousness. No no, I'm suggesting it's from either incompetence, indifference or both.
  4. The community should rise up to bail Craig out from himself, again? Help Craig tie up the loose ends from the last time we helped Craig? Nice.
  5. If you can't do it, don't promise it. If you think you can do it, and promise it, and find you can't... at least acknowledge the same to the people you made promises to. Maybe even apologise (gasp!) This is a complicated concept, is it?

Either way, it is what it is. It just needed saying, for the record. Until maybe someone who gave up their admin status feels a need to 'clean up' the record, of course.

Your view is yours, now aired and clearly well justified. I'm sorry to have interjected. I doubt you need suspect craigix will censor your post with hidden admin rights though. That was so 2010.

However:

1) Stickers. Many folk do still give a damn about those. Be it a first batch one, or a special red first batch one for the premium Pandoras. Folk gave a damn at some point. Metal Pandoras, sure they still give a damn and hopefully those that have yet to receive theirs that they donated for, will get them soon when mix ups have been corrected. At that point, the few spare that Craigix thought he had will hopefully be, only those that didn't already have a paid for destination waiting for them.

If he still has any thereafter, then a free for all, can begin afresh. Yet the support icons issue isn't over. Some folk payed into that idea and it may well be, that they still have teeth that want such cosmetic jewelry added, lest they evolve more fang like canines as starters.

2) 5 months ago! Yes I guess it was. Fade to black is almost ported too.

3) Over mixed indifference or incompetance (and forgetting everything else possible we've both already excluded), I'd chose quite simply 'too busy, to have noticed, at all'

4) I don't recall Craig suggesting the Icon idea himself. He may have and I should re-check the OP of the thread but it was the community, who was interested in this idea and ran with it. They who thought up the various ways they would like to be depicted via their contributions (for instance, I am "The Inane & annoying vacuous waste of oxygen/pixels on your screen boy" of Pandoria) are surely responsible for however they should be eventually depicted. Note I haven't contributed yet and thus, am simply filing that niche that the natural order of things has seen me slip into thus far.

5) Are you at all familiar with habits/pastimes or addictions? Have you ever attempted to lessen, restrict, cut down, delay indulgence of, stop, kick, give up or quit, any such thing in your life that you have previously been enjoying up until then without any thought required of it, with you until then, in seemingly full control of it? Did you manage it? Did you have to privately apologise for not managing it? Somehow I doubt all 4 answers for most people were anything but yes for the first 2, and no to the last 2, with the final 2 being repeated many times over, for whatever the affliction.

Craig may well be addicted to inventing and producing things. He may not know when to stop, or how to control his desire to produce things for people that will benefit them. He just keeps going and some details get lost along the way. Luckily things like the Pandora occur along that path aswell. Now the iCP in droves and soon product 3, 4, 5 etc.

Hopefully we can all get the icons, stickers, Pandoras, iCPs, integrated pairing of both, sorted out sooner rather than too late but for now enjoy the show. As you perhaps dont have much choice, if you wish to remain pessimistic.

Or post a picture of yourself in the most elegant of all male/female attire and simply win Craigix over by pure fashion sense, so he simply suits you sir and delivers whatever you currently feel he hasn't!

Back