Pandora To Do Confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poem58

I know everybody's gonna chime in but then like in other threads I don't get a response. These are questions I have or have seen others have that have gone unanswered. So please let Craigix or ED or someone answer these. Then have a go at it.

1. Plans were for 1000 Pandoras to be made once cases are given green light. Do we have a lead time or even educated guesstimate of time for, or size of runs after the initial 1000?

2. Will US orders be shipped from assembly factory for sure (last was a "don't see why not" or "should be possible", not actually a "yes") important to know if some sort of import customs fee will be needed in the future. I saw mention of other assembly locations, are Pandora's for sure now going to be produced in multiple locations? Was alternate assembly locations just a thought?

3. Have the Adapters been ordered? Will they ship later? What is the plan?

4. Protective cases sold by you, have they been decided? Ordered? What is the plan?

5. TV-out cables. Ordered? Lead time if not? Ship later? What is the plan?

6. Manuals done? What is the plan?

7. When asked earlier, it was explained to me that Pandora's 3800-4000 were to be used if needed for replacements in case of DOA or not fully functional units. I have recently seen people posting that they have orders in the 3800-3900 range. Is that wise? If I read correctly the place making the rest of the boards is a different place than who did your original 105 (recommended as a more cost effective solution)? So isn't it dangerous in that case to base your failure rate from one supplier on that of another? Did I misunderstand and all is well? or the testing will insure all shipped Pandora's function and if testing ensures that will more boards be made immediately to replace failed ones? Please clear up anything I don't understand about this part.

8. Someone pointed out that Keymats should already have been made while we wait for case tweaking. What is the plan on these?

9. Silk Screening. Where, How Long etc... what is the plan?

There are many things on which your loyal fan base is willing to deal with (myself included) things like cases needing tweaked are all fine and good. There are however, queestions like those above that seem like they should have been completed already or at least plans made for and we should have answers for. In order to ensure that the endless string of delays is going to end soon it would be nice to know what the plan for these points are.

While I am dedicated to this project, my inability to get some answers is making my faith be challenged. All I ask is for some honest answers to these questions from the OP team and since not all of these questions are mine (have read unanswered ones for months) I am not the only one who would like to know. They should be simple answers that should not be as difficult as say "when will I get my Pandora" or as ridiculous as "Will my Pandora run Crysis?" so I don't think it too much to ask.
Blame it on my childhood, but unanswered questions have for me always been a sign of deceit. While I DO NOT think this in this case, I do not understand why these questions have not been answered with reasonably certain answers.

Poem58 is right on the money with this and I stand completely behind him.

I made a point about having a much more detailed status page a few days ago and this is exactly the information we should be including it. If these questions were answered in an open transparent manner on one page then you would have less people concerned about minor delays as they would have a much clearer view of the project as a whole.

I also feel this is so important that if you post to this thread with some idiotic one liner or quick sarcastic comment it will only prove to everyone that you are just that, a idiot.

Let's get some clear milestones and delivery dates on each outstanding deliverable so we know whether we are getting the items we paid for over a year ago in the next few weeks, or months.

Beepo

I think that people are getting wound up because there's a lot of talk on here about every little worry people can think of. I'd prefer to let the OP team get on with getting the device out there. We get a lot of information - probably more than you'd get from a 'proper' manufacturer. Craig has made it clear that the case revisions are the current limiting factor and that production can go ahead very soon once that is sorted out. If he mentions more dates, people on here will attach a load of importance to every word, leading to more needless negativity. Any answer has to be a guess, and explaining the to do list to us in more detail can't be a high priority.

barnesy, im not saying your post is sarcastic, but it says nothing at all, just going along wiht the flow. the other psots on this topic, are right on the money. we need anwsers from craig and th eop team, and they consistently refuse to answer. everyday we are give either nothing, are a little tidbit. eneough already the oens besides the pandara just want own up to anything.on of the other topics, there wa a definite note from craig about knowing soemthing today on the cases. I know that where craig is and the factoru is, they are 5 to 6 hours ahead of me, so that puts them around 8.00pm. and not one word about the casess are anyhting. gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, this is unacceptable. the only ones again that can even give an answer howver true or not its is, absoulutely will not talk to us.

+1 , I agree it's time for a full update on all the Pandora accessories and Pandora Status.
This way we don't need 10 diffrent forum posts of speculation.

Gerald1 said:
I know that where craig is and the factoru is, they are 5 to 6 hours ahead of me, so that puts them around 8.00pm. and not one word about the casess are anyhting.

If you can't even handle the most simple of tasks such as knowing that craig is NOT the one reviewing the cases, don't even bother posting.

MWeston is the one receiving the cases and will be checking them over, he does not even live on the same continent as craigix. It's not even remotely close to 8pm where he is, you're off by about 5-6 hours.

ps: shut up.

Last edited by a moderator:
id give a shit if you werent so patronising with the whole "whats the plan" repetition

^^ right on the money, if you really want to throw around such a boring buzzphrase.

seriously, WHEN ARE YOU NEXT EMPTYING YOUR BOWELS, I NEED IT OR ILL EXPLODE

edit: to anyone planning to keep reading this thread, dont expect any answers. its 4 pages of mockery and lunacy and trolls feeding each other. i was feeling pretty hungry i must say

RenegadeChic said:
id give a shit if you werent so patronising with the whole "whats the plan" repetition

^^ right on the money, if you really want to throw around such a boring buzzphrase.

seriously, WHEN ARE YOU NEXT EMPTYING YOUR BOWELS, I NEED IT OR ILL EXPLODE

This was the kind of comment I was talking about when I referred to idiots, clearly nobody with any common sense cares what you think.

Elanzer said:
Gerald1 said:
I know that where craig is and the factoru is, they are 5 to 6 hours ahead of me, so that puts them around 8.00pm. and not one word about the casess are anyhting.

If you can't even handle the most simple of tasks such as knowing that craig is NOT the one reviewing the cases, don't even bother posting.

MWeston is the one receiving the cases and will be checking them over, he does not even live on the same continent as craigix. It's not even remotely close to 8pm where he is, you're off by about 5-6 hours.

ps: shut up.

That's a bit harsh really. If you don't trawl these forums or read every entry on the unofficial blog (of which i'm sure some people don't know about), how would you expect anyone to know these kind of things?

Let's keep the bickering to a minimum. I think an update is near and maybe a dev chimes in :)

Poem58 said:
I know everybody's gonna chime in but then like in other threads I don't get a response. These are questions I have or have seen others have that have gone unanswered. So please let Craigix or ED or someone answer these. Then have a go at it.

1. Plans were for 1000 Pandoras to be made once cases are given green light. Do we have a lead time or even educated guesstimate of time for, or size of runs after the initial 1000?

2. Will US orders be shipped from assembly factory for sure (last was a "don't see why not" or "should be possible", not actually a "yes") important to know if some sort of import customs fee will be needed in the future. I saw mention of other assembly locations, are Pandora's for sure now going to be produced in multiple locations? Was alternate assembly locations just a thought?

3. Have the Adapters been ordered? Will they ship later? What is the plan?

4. Protective cases sold by you, have they been decided? Ordered? What is the plan?

5. TV-out cables. Ordered? Lead time if not? Ship later? What is the plan?

6. Manuals done? What is the plan?

7. When asked earlier, it was explained to me that Pandora's 3800-4000 were to be used if needed for replacements in case of DOA or not fully functional units. I have recently seen people posting that they have orders in the 3800-3900 range. Is that wise? If I read correctly the place making the rest of the boards is a different place than who did your original 105 (recommended as a more cost effective solution)? So isn't it dangerous in that case to base your failure rate from one supplier on that of another? Did I misunderstand and all is well? or the testing will insure all shipped Pandora's function and if testing ensures that will more boards be made immediately to replace failed ones? Please clear up anything I don't understand about this part.

8. Someone pointed out that Keymats should already have been made while we wait for case tweaking. What is the plan on these?

9. Silk Screening. Where, How Long etc... what is the plan?

There are many things on which your loyal fan base is willing to deal with (myself included) things like cases needing tweaked are all fine and good. There are however, queestions like those above that seem like they should have been completed already or at least plans made for and we should have answers for. In order to ensure that the endless string of delays is going to end soon it would be nice to know what the plan for these points are.

While I am dedicated to this project, my inability to get some answers is making my faith be challenged. All I ask is for some honest answers to these questions from the OP team and since not all of these questions are mine (have read unanswered ones for months) I am not the only one who would like to know. They should be simple answers that should not be as difficult as say "when will I get my Pandora" or as ridiculous as "Will my Pandora run Crysis?" so I don't think it too much to ask.
Blame it on my childhood, but unanswered questions have for me always been a sign of deceit. While I DO NOT think this in this case, I do not understand why these questions have not been answered with reasonably certain answers.

This is slightly more on topic than the weather.

no, you see, you just dont understand do you. we all wonder about these things, but i dont expect to be privvy to the entire business structure and inner workings of a company. i dont ask sony, i dont ask open pandora. its not really my business. asking them for all this unnecessary stuff is like me asking you when you last had a shit. you are SO egotistical as to think that you are so important as to need to know everything. its a completely control freak attitude. on top of that, the initial post was incredibly patronising, repeating a phrase like a mantra, suggesting an almost mocking and demanding impatience. followed up by all that "right on the money" crap, i gave the reply pretty much apt to the tone, egotism and offensiveness of the originally put request.

and you wonder why when asking these questions the way you guys do, you dont get an answer.

oh yeah im an idiot, blah, blah, well i am actually capable of keeping up with the project and searching the forums. ive had my money laid down like everyone else and most of us are capable of finding out answers for themselves or understanding theres some stuff that isnt important to know. you are not the board of directors for open pandora ltd, so dont act like it.

go in the chatroom and ask people, check the to do list on the website, but dont start patronising threads on here which piss off people like me because i will just bite your head off again and again and again

The pandora is over a year late. We have seen several times that they underestimated efforts. Until a week ago they wanted to ship the first units this week, so everything but the case should be ready by now. Still no confirmation. It's only understandable that people have to regenerate their faith and the only solution I see is playing with open cards.

I've often wondered why fanboys get so upset when you ask a few straight questions.

This isn't Sony, it isn't any other company. I thought this was an open project, that means you're allowed to ask questions. If you don't like it then just ignore the thread, trying to derail it doesn't help anyone.

lol yeah inorite! the trolls are hungry. ill happily troll the trolls everywhere. i know it doesnt count for much, but im actually a moderator on a very drama-y website but i dont get to let loose there.

i dont even feel that cheerful about the project rightt now. i want my damned pandora too and am getting frustrated but i at least understand its going as quickly as it can. it would cheer me right up if it came because i feel like shit all the time. people will say fan boy fan boy but i just... dont see it that way. when i find evidence of being screwed over or a poor product ill voice it, but i cant til i get the damned thing!

hahaha i knew youd say fanboy. one cliche after another. shame you arent a fan of the thing youve bought, i thought that was the point. i was calling YOU an ass, not saying the project was perfect. for more, read above

RenegadeChic said:
lol yeah inorite! the trolls are hungry. ill happily troll the trolls everywhere. i know it doesnt count for much, but im actually a moderator on a very drama-y website but i dont get to let loose there.

i dont even feel that cheerful about the project rightt now. i want my damned pandora too and am getting frustrated but i at least understand its going as quickly as it can. it would cheer me right up if it came because i feel like shit all the time. people will say fan boy fan boy but i just... dont see it that way. when i find evidence of being screwed over or a poor product ill voice it, but i cant til i get the damned thing!

So actually you are not happy with delay after delay either. I think that if the OP team could give us more detail on the outstanding tasks then there would be less anxiety for everyone. Then maybe you wouldn't feel the need to take your frustrations out on this board when you read a post that doesn't say 'omg omg it's coming REALLY soon'.

No offence, I don't know you and don't really care to. There's really no need to slam into a genuine poster just because he want's some clear answers to all the outstanding questions. Any of the OP team members could have put together some details in no time at all if this project had a clear plan. That saddens me as I've waiting over a year for my Pandora and I'm still very much looking forward to it. I will however always feel slightly let down by the team with regard to the way information has been presented to us- even when I have my Pandora in my hands. I don't doubt it will be a great device, and I appreciate the effort it has taken MWeston, ED et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back