Pandora tv-out review

It's actually pretty good, if not perfect. I did those cables with golden-plated ending, and the picture quality is shaaaaarp.

What's annoying, however, is having to find which apps uses ''main layer'' and which ones use ''hw scaler''

woah, this video triggered a lot of thinking I have to share...

• what happened to your thumb?
  • quickly followed by: was soldering this cable really worth that?
  • wow, I'm not the one in the world who's still using CRT...
  • how did he filmed this? was it with a camera straped on his head/helmet or whatever...

:D thanks to share I really enjoyed the video

I've cutted the end of my thumb that morning at work ( still 17, I work in a grocery store here in QC ). MY bad, that was bleeding a lot!

Soldering to TinyBoB : Easy as HELL. Try contacting Peca or Link to see if they still has some of them.

I've got a HDTV, but for my7 retro pleasure, I use crt! Nes, Snes, N64...

I was holding a cellphone, explaining my crappy performance in DKC 2

^

I only have EXT connectors, no more Tiny BoBs. Peca's been MIA for months unfortunately. I can't see your video, do you have a link somewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just adding the link for your vid as text in case Link can't see the embeds, I get this on the work proxy where YT embeds are blocked it's just a blank white area, perhaps his browser is just showing same?

youtube.com/watch?v=OpDGOQ0wDKc

Looks great on the telly btw, very nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahahaha sorry that was me, as I put my videos on sd cards and watch them ''on the go'' with my panda. :)

I tried latest (from the repo) PanPlayer, and had no-show on TV-out.

Now I know my cable is good since main layer works, and picodrive works (which uses layer 2 for the emulation.) Quitting a game in Picodrive leaves the game on the TV while the desktop comes up .. so I know layer 2 works in general.

(Aside, I do find TV-out side audio to be really quiet, I almost need to get an in-line volume booster or something, for the RCA jacks.)

With Panplayer however, I get no video on the pandora side, and no video on the TV-out side, when TV0out is enabled (SuperZaxxon b5); if tv-out is disabled, panplayer works fine.

Switching to smplayer worked fine, since it renders on the main display. I don't recall on performance sats between smaplyer2 and panplayer, but I always liked panplayer; I don't think vlc cut the snuff yet, IIRC, but not tried latest.

Panplayer I updated via pndmanager, so possibly is botched the download or something, maybe I should try a fresh pull..

I do find it very interesting that panplayer didn't render atall when TV-out was enabled, but works fine otherwise. Thats a neat trick, I shoudl check the code and see whats up :)

Any tip to PanPlayer on TV-out?

jeff

Back