Pandora Village Hall Lego Playset!

Prometheus

I was bored this evening, so my boredom, in association with Lego Digital Designer 3.1.3, presents to you... The Pandora Village Hall Lego Playset.

Village_Hall_Lego_Set_1.png

As you can see, four of the team are busy in the village hall...

Village_Hall_Lego_Set_2.png

They've made a bunch of Lego Pandoras today!

Village_Hall_Lego_Set_3.png

Here you can see the assembly table, ten completed Lego Pandoras, three incomplete Lego Pandoras, a box of parts, and the team's lunch.

Village_Hall_Lego_Set_4.png

At the back there is Craig's infamous Mac-that-corrupts-his-ext2-SD-Cards, along with another Lego Pandora, and a USB joystick. Next to that is a box of completed Lego Pandoras, ready to pack up and send out.

Village_Hall_Lego_Set_5.png

Everyone has a chair to sit in, too!

Village_Hall_Lego_Set_-_The_Team.png

Last of all, here's a close-up of some members of the Lego Team (with their Lego Pandoras), based on this photo. My apologies to Craig, MWeston, ED, and Fatih. :p

It's possible to order this as a real Lego set via the Lego Digital Designer application, although it would cost £25.70 if you were to order it. If anyone wants a copy of the model, I'll upload it somewhere.

Hope you all liked it. :p

i was gonna say you have too much time on your hands, but then i saw all the pics, and i thought some photoshopping is necessary for pandora logos on legos and such

Haha, I found myself wishing that I could have put logos on it in the app, but unfortunately it's not possible (which is understandable - it's designed, at least partly, for ordering custom models, with custom boxes and custom instruction sheets, from their online store).

As for too much time on my hands, it really didn't take that long to make. :lol: I had a clear idea of how I wanted it to look, and just put down the virtual bricks.

You should, it fits really well your lego alter-ego
laugh.gif

or alterlego

Last edited by a moderator:
... but I never wear ties :D
Haha! Sorry about that, ED. I'm afraid that the available pieces either had ties, or were the wrong colour. :lol:

The only other one was a white shirt with a huge Lego spaceman on the front of it, and for some reason that didn't strike me as being suitable. :p

Don't you mean his alter-lego?
That's a brilliantly terrible pun. :lol:

Wow, I see it now. Please don't hide it next time, you totally deserve credit for that. :lol:

damn, that lego software kind of suck, I can't find half of my pieces...

btw: Great scenary prometheus... specially with the hard to use interface of this thing...

That is quality!

I didn't even know about Lego designer, it looks decent

If you're looking for a decent lego cad you should use mlcad it's not as easy as you also need to install LDraw's part catalog, but it is way better than lego's software (but you can't order your kit...) at least it was better 6years ago than the actual lego software...

edit: BTW since you require ldraw you can also freely design new parts... with pandora logo :)

edit2: hum just noticed you can import ldraw model in the official lego tools if you want to order your kit... guess that seen the huge number of part missing it should be quite bogus...

^ Unfortunately, I won't be able to try MLCAD, as it unfortunately appears to be for Microsoft Windows only.

I was using Lego Digital Designer on my Macintosh. My main box (which runs Xubuntu currently) isn't powerful enough to run it, so I haven't had any need to check whether it runs under WINE or not. :lol:

EDIT: Oh, nice, I see that MLCAD can run under WINE. Might have to try that out! Thanks very much. :)

Back