Pandora Website Uppdate

argor said:
http://www.openpandora.org/ :eek: it looks great ;)

It looks a bit incomplete to my taste.. but who cares about it's appearance. The info published there is priceless coz it shows that we're heading to the end. First betas will be available in the beginning of February. No less than two weeks will be needed for beta testers to make their judgements. Something like 2 weeks-2mounths will be needed to introduce changes if there are some. Well, I think we may hope to get the first 3000 batch by the end of April. And this is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still a bit WIP but it's coming together, the main reason we had not put this up sooner was just that we were so damned busy elsewhere, but will try to make regular updates from now on as we go towards beta testing etc.

craigix said:
It's still a bit WIP but it's coming together, the main reason we had not put this up sooner was just that we were so damned busy elsewhere, but will try to make regular updates from now on as we go towards beta testing etc.
Do not be too busy to go here when you're in Dallas next week:

http://www.fogodechao.com/locations/addisonTX.htm

It represents all that is wonderful and horrible with America.... well, or at least just Texas. Of the variety, my favorite is the bacon wrapped filet. oh yeah brother.

craigix said:
Yes, that was what I was talking about. If the site looks a bit incomplete,it means you're guys working hard on the device. I'd prefer to get a bugless Pandora but even without ANY site on the web (by the exception of this nice forum) than to get an immature device but with a beautiful site, telling me that it's ok. You're guys doing a great job, please go on coz the site is not of a top priority IMHO.

Adventus said:
OpenGL 2.0 compliant 3D hardware
Should that be ES ?
Haha, first thing I noticed as well :) Are we getting full OpenGL?

The website says that some of the developers have already received a dev board. Come clean. We all want to know who's got one and what you are planning on working on. Don't hold back. The suspense is killing us. :)

Frogboy said:
The website says that some of the developers have already received a dev board. Come clean. We all want to know who's got one and what you are planning on working on. Don't hold back. The suspense is killing us. :)
The dev's have already received a dev board? I'm a dev and haven't received anything, it should be wrong

just joking :lol:

Frogboy said:

Last I heard Squidgie had one.... so that leaves the big question.... where does Squidgie live? :ph34r:

The site looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing it grow and show more info :)

I see you also settled on a logo, it looks nice. Just make sure this won't cause any trouble.

I have to say I kind of agree with the logo. It's simple and it's easy to remember. Has a good profile without any clutter. There were a lot of good contenders, and there may be some others that I had chosen had it been my decision to make, but I can't complain about the choice you made. It was a good one.

Also, yeah, congratulations on getting the site out. Looking forward to seeing more stuff popping up on it.

We will be at the TIDC in Dallas, Texas, we hope to have a prototype Pandora with us.

Thats...

5 DAYS, ZOMG!!

1. "Pandora Wiki" links to the Wikipedia page, not the Pandora wiki - this might lead to more vandalism on the Wikipedia page, as it isn't protected from non-registered users.

2. You guys really need a CMS, and a better-designed layout. I could get a sample CMS with the content from your site running on my server, and see how you like it.

Not sure how I'd go about transporting a MySQL table from one place to another, so I might find a decent flat-file one.

atomicthumbs said:
1. "Pandora Wiki" links to the Wikipedia page, not the Pandora wiki - this might lead to more vandalism on the Wikipedia page, as it isn't protected from non-registered users.

2. You guys really need a CMS, and a better-designed layout. I could get a sample CMS with the content from your site running on my server, and see how you like it.

Not sure how I'd go about transporting a MySQL table from one place to another, so I might find a decent flat-file one.
1. Wikipedia is more mainstream and gives the appearance of it being a well documented product where the pandora wiki ends up looking like something run by the pandoras creators, at this point it is just a one page article and doesn't really offer anything a wikipedia page doesn't. Basically it will go from a very small amount of info to suddenly a massive amount of info once it is actually released and people start creating things for it so it seems like the thing that would make most sense is to use the wikipedia page until it is released then switch over to something more like the gp2x wiki with its own domain and a large amount of info.

2. I am sure that they will have a decent product website when it is released, at this point they seem to still want to keep everything relatively quiet so the Pandora isn't branded as vaporware and so people don't dismiss it immediately thinking that the renders and small amount of info are final. I wouldn't worry too much about there ability to put out a good website, Craig has owned web stores for years so i doubt that after somehow producing an amazing hand held semi independently creating a decent page layout will be a problem.

Back