Pandora Wi-Fi On 350kilobytes/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice! :) Guess this means that the problem is not hardware-related? So the board production can continue? Please? :unsure:

(naw)mcx said:
I guess that's something.

Not exactly too useful, for me, but yay, I guess.

Lucky you, my internet connection is 120KB/s tops.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, whats the new reason for a delay? Has the chinese company a new brand new machine ordered, so we're just waiting for this machine to be delivered and calibratet?

Great news :)

@MOD, please change thread title to kilobytes/s. This auto upper/lower case function of the boards sucks, imo.

craigix said:
(naw)mcx said:
I guess that's something.

Not exactly too useful, for me, but yay, I guess.

Lucky you, my internet connection is 120KB/s tops.
I have 96 Kilobytes/sec (768 Kilobit) Internet Connection and I still live. I'm happy because I had a 56K Modem until end of 2009 (7Kilobyte/sec!!!) so I know how it feels to surf in slo-mo. I'm very glad that the Pandora Users don't have to feel the same. :D
It wouldn't hurt to post some more specific Details of the new Speed-revolution. ;)

user47alpha said:
So, whats the new reason for a delay? Has the chinese company a new brand new machine ordered, so we're just waiting for this machine to be delivered and calibratet?
In China, they don't have weekends but we never see actions from the Factory over the weekend, in China they don't celebrate Easter but I'm sure, they also did nothing over Easter holydays. I have the slightly feeling they don't do anything, when we don't do anything so pushing them every 5 Minutes seems to be the main thing, that Fatih does the last months.
Well, lets wait what's the new excuse why they don't finished the 1K Cases. (And I'm pretty sure they again didn't finished the job XD or at least they didn't ship )

Guys ,are we talking like - a half meg line 250kb/sec so 350kb/sec is higher than standard
broadband speeds ? ,im on a 1mb line now ,but on Pandora i woudl be getting around a quarter
of that speed ? if this is the case then woooohoooo fucking great news,ship em all.

Craig ,if that speed is the case ,and i am right ,then a Quarter meg connection
would be more than good enough for any online game and web browsing ,even
downloading would be great,leave the heavy downloading to the home computer.

sounds great ,well done for all the hard work.

for browsing, 350KB/s is marvellous! i am more than happy with that

as far as streaming around the house goes... well the pandora is only really gonna be receiving for me at most. any video watching i do with it will probably be taking it to someone elses house and using the TV-Out or something

twitterix said:
Depends on what people will accept as a minimal speed I guess, we will keep working on it.

350 KB/s is good enough, please ship :)

craigix said:
What would people take as a minimum speed?
Im ok with 350KB/s, keep pushing if you can though.

Just To clarify is this Kilo "Btye's" or kilo "Bits"?

RenegadeChic said:
for browsing, 350KB/s is marvellous! i am more than happy with that

as far as streaming around the house goes... well the pandora is only really gonna be receiving for me at most. any video watching i do with it will probably be taking it to someone elses house and using the TV-Out or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back