Pandora won't start with battery in

kop316

Still Fresh
Good Afternoon All,

So I have had my Pandora for a couple of weeks, and this problem just started to occur. If I try to power up my Pandora with the battery in (this is if it has AC or no AC), it will not start. However, as soon as I take out the battery and just connect the AC, the Pandora will start up just fine.

I tried to leave in the battery with the AC, but I did not see any charging LEDs turn on. What could be the problem with my battery?

Thank you!

I tried to leave in the battery with the AC, but I did not see any charging LEDs turn on. What could be the problem with my battery?
Leave it for a bit longer. The power chip doesn't start the system until it finishes it's internal pre-charge, so the unit looks dead until that is finished.

I bet the contacts on the bottom of the battery are not lining up with the contacts on the Pandora. See if you can take some small strips of paper to wedge between the sides of the battery to get it to align properly.

The previous suggestions are good, I would check for the following.

On the right hand side of your pandora you have a window with lights in it. If the unit is running you should have a green in the far right position.

If you are charging a battery you will get an additional solid red light.

Do you have this red light?

Addtionally if you switch to the "standard GUI" you should see a battery status in the lower right hand corner of the screen next to the clock. with the battery out or not connected it will say 0%

Do you have any values here?

I just took mine out and have it plugged in it gave me a warning that says low power plug it in or im going to shut down.

Do you get this warning while the battery is in?

Lastly if you take the battery out and have a volt meter you can see if there is a voltage on this battery. If you flip it over you will see 3 copper strips. Sorry I dont know your level of familiarity with volt meters so forgive me if this is insulting.

Set your meter to DC volts. Place the black probe on the top copper strip and place the red one on the bottom copper strip. (Be careful not to cross the metal parts of the probes because you will short out your battery and that is no good) You should read something like 3.7V on your meter display. If it is much lower then that I would guess 3 volts or less your battery is almost completely empty and either has not been charging or is not charged.

I would try to force a charge by using your hand to hold the battery into place just to see that it is able to take a charge and move it around a bit to see that it is lining up correctly in the back. You might need to put some tape or something on the battery compartment door to hold it down correctly potentially.

I hope that helps out!

Back