Release PANDORAS SOLD OUT

Username

Fuckass
On the Main Page under Latest News I found this:
Sold out!

The first batch of the Pandora is now sold out.

Thanks to everyone for the support so far, we should have some tasty new photos on the blog soon.
I'm so happy I beat everyone else to it :)

damn, that suxs for people who used it

anyway even if you did get your order, it wouldnt have matter because you didnt exactly beat anyone too it, there was 5 days to preorder, there was no limit just a relaxed time limit

Wow, what an achievement!
What did you really expect to push in pre-orders? 1000? 2000?

Well done (again) to everybody on the OpenPandora team. I hope, and am sure, you are all very pleased with yourselves.
I'm looking forward to seeing what this baby can do...

New to all this, learned of the existence of the pandora project sometime on saturday, thought it looks great.

Had a think and read around the boards, put my preorder in on Sunday evening.

Never bought a GP32 or 2X, this will be my first step into the open source world, seem a good place to be.

purplepup said:
Wow, what an achievement!
What did you really expect to push in pre-orders? 1000? 2000?
I think they expected to get all 3000 pre-orders (back before the pre-order limit was removed) but were a little surprised at how fast they got the first 3000.

I reckon he was expecting 3000 units and hoping to sell them all before they arrive to his house. So in that regard I'm sure he is rather proud of himself. I wonder why he didn't take on a little risk and order 5000 keeping the preoders open. Given another 90 days, I'm sure he could have sold them.

Because he doesn't want to take additional risks / financial pressure and be in debts ? (and paying credit interests on these, thus having to sell at a slightly higher price when it's not necessary for a small community who's willing to pay in advance)

Username said:
4000? That's about $1320000 total. I wonder if that about wraps up the loan on the first batch. Does anyone know?

Don't forget the dev-fund, and accessories. And also, subtract from that amount, the tax that the UK/Germany has.

Back