Pangea Sun - Modular (Android) Notebook

fusion_power

Advanced Member
Website
Visit site
I just strumbled over this Indiegogo campaign, modular computers seems to get more and more popular:

fofz4cdq29xvyl3d1xcg.jpg

New Specification
* RockchipOcta-core RK3368 chipset
* ARM Cortex-A53
* 64-bit CPU, up to 1.5GHz
* PowerVRG6110GPU, supports OpenGL ES 3.1, OpenCL 1.2 and DirectX 9.3
* 2GB DDR3
* Android 5.1.1
* 4K x 2K @ 60fps
* 4K x 2K H.265 hardware decoding
* 2.4/5GHz Dual-band WiFi, Broadcom AP6330 module
* Bluetooth 4.0

Could be a thing. Not sure about Android but they promise other OS for the future. Also not sure about the CPU/GPU Power of that thingy. Price will be ~ 500 - 600$, quite fair imho. + Developed in Germany. ^^

Last edited:
"First modular notebook" - This is a fucking joke.

I am pretty sure that my "non modular" Zbook or any other mobile workstations are actually MORE modular than this.

Last edited:
You can already buy Barebone-Laptop cases etc. so technicaly it may not be "the first". I also remember, other companies experimented with more or less "modular" Laptops, especialy modular internal mobile graphic cards. Sadly, this never went onto a universal standard.

I love the general idea of this and would like to see them do well.

I wish it would come with Debian.
Can't understand why they chose Android for this as Linux seems a far better fit for a non touch screen, laptop type device.

Wonder why they didn't go for a touch screen and allow a tablet mode with just the screen, battery & OS modules.

Seems like a possibly too good price for the Early Birds as it comes from a small team based in Germany.

Does anyone know how the Rockchip RK3368 compares to the Omap 5 in the Pyra in terms of performance?

Can't understand why they chose Android for this as Linux seems a far better fit for a non touch screen, laptop type device.
Because its popular, and people probably know better what they can expect application wise > "Ahh, Android is on it, so I can use x,y,z I already know and use" vs. "ok, they got this Linux on it, hmm heard of that bevor, isn't that the project some dude made out of Android ?"

Back