PanMAME is not working.

danabnormal9000

Still Fresh
Hi. I'm sorry if i post this in wrong section. I can't get PanMAME to work. When I run it for the first time, I pressed OK on appdatafolders setup dialogbox. And then, I run it again, PanMAME logo popped out, then disappeared. And then, nothing happened.

I use PanMAME v0.106.1.12 and SZ v171. Is this caused by new firmware version? I can't use Compo4All MAME because I don't have wifi connection. Is there any way to run Compo4All MAME offline?

I'm not sure exactly what you're implying with the smiley there, so apologies if this is misplaced, but you can configure where it looks for logs by adding to the dir_rom option in appdata/panmame/.advance/advmame.rc.  Mine looks like this:

dir_rom /mnt/utmp/panmame/rom:/mnt/utmp/panmame/share/advance/rom:/media/pandora_games/roms/arcade

I think I just added ':/media/pandora_data/roms/arcade' to that line.  I've not altered any of the other dir_ options, but you might also want to extend dir_sample and some others if you have games that come with sample packs I guess.  I don't really understand how different dumps relate to the original hardware, and how that should be presented to MAME, but I've got most things I've tried to run just by putting things in my roms/arcade folder.

Certainly it could all be made clearer and easier, but it is configurable and it does work.

There could be a warning if it cannot find any roms at startup but you can also see this error when you look at the pnd run out file in /tmp I think.

Turns out my appdata was corrupt, restored it and followed levi's advice for changing the rom dir. IT'S ALIVE!

Cheers!

Back