Part Of Me Died Today

jdbye

My Pandora just got the dreaded blue tint... already emailed openpandorasales about RMAing (the console has been previously opened to adjust the shoulder buttons) :(

blue tint? whats' that about??? Does this happen with alot of Pandora consoles?

Infallible_Atheist said:
If the LCD cable is bad it will cause the screen to turn pink or blue when you move the hinge. Mine has the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Infallible_Atheist said:

Basically, it mostly happens to early units since we had to figure out how to properly put the cable in there.

After that, it only happened to a few units so far. Mine is still working after 9 months of daily usage.
We investigated a lot about it (I could tell you exactly what happens).

It shouldn't be a problem anymore with the current units (except a few failing ones) and we already improved the layout of the cable to make it even more robust in the future.

Last edited:
WizardStan said:
What if it turns purple then?
then it has a usb male and female output.......

Last edited by a moderator:
The white areas turn blue and the gray areas turn pink. Maybe ED can explain exactly which signals are getting crossed when the cable frays.

You can get some idea of the nature of the problem if you go in to the gamma tool. Make sure to set the mode in it to 24 bit. Some banding is normal in the 16 bit mode.

mine went through various stages: first it was purple, then it was weird greenish and gold, then blue, then black.

it went black and never went back

Back