part of screen not working

amyren

I just received my pandora 1Ghz yesterday. I noticed that there was a new firmware available (1.54) so I got that updated before starting to use the unit.

But I notice there is a small part of the left side of the screen that is completely black. This is probably 10-15 pixels or so that is not visible at all.

In xfce this means that the small arrow on the bottom left side of the menu bar is not shown at all. In android it will show only half of the last digit of the clock because of this.

Is this a common issue to be expected on the pandora? 

Can it be fixed easily, or is it a way to calibrate the screen itself so that it does not use this area?

Here are two pictures showing that area.

This is with an aniword window open on the desktop, notice that the x in the upper left corner of the screen is only partly visible.

xfce.png

Here is from the android screen, the last digit in the clock is cut in half.

android.png

(download or open the picture links in another window for a full view, they should be bigger than the preview here)

Thanks for the pics. That is indeed strange, and uncommon as far as I know. If it's an hardware issue you may need to return your unit for screen replacement. Not sure if anyone else has seen this before. 

Hope there is a workaround. Or I can live with it for a while at least.

I've been waiting more than 4 years to get this box, and I wouldnt like to send it back just yet.

Are you able to widen the window via dragging with a stylus in XFCE mode?

Last edited:
Are you able to widen the window via dragging with a stylus in XFCE mode?
Not sure what you think about here, but I can resize windows so that they dont use that area. But everytime a window is maximized it will use that area again.

In android the programs will use that area, without any way of moving them.

But I notice there is a small part of the left side of the screen that is completely black. This is probably 10-15 pixels or so that is not visible at all.

In xfce this means that the small arrow on the bottom left side of the menu bar is not shown at all. In android it will show only half of the last digit of the clock because of this.
Is it my eyes or is that not the right hand side of the screen?

Is it my eyes or is that not the right hand side of the screen?
Thanks for the correction, I mean offcourse the right hand side. Dont know what I was thinking when I wrote left :)

Ok, I ran the LCD test.

Here are two images. I launched the LCD tester and pressed 'g' for green, and then '2' to get smaller grid. I havent touched any other button before taking the picture.

second image is filled green background.

I think that the grid should be showing one more vertical line on the right side here, it I had a full LCD screen working.

Dont know if there should be one more horisontal line on the bottom of the screen, maybe someone else can check that.

lcd.png

filled.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back