Parts and charging

stuart

Hi everyone.

So I was one of the original pre-order people, legal fights with OpenPandora UK, years waiting, arguments and conflict on the boards, and I finally get my Pandora. The shoulder buttons failed within weeks and the case cracked where the screen didn't close properly, just though normal light use.

I didn't fill out a ticket at the time as I was done fighting over this thing. When I did, to be fair I received an offer of help but I didn't end up shipping my Pandora back to Germany and it went in a box. All the unpleasantness made me not want to put any more energy into it.

Ok - so fast forward a couple of years and I've found my Pandora, screen housing still cracked, battery flat and shoulder buttons not clicking as they should.

I found the charger, branded 'Pandora' but the plug is the wrong size. I've sent a couple of tickets to ask if there was originally an adapter and where I can purchase a new one but they've not been answered, I've also asked about the micro-switches for the shoulder buttons as I'm pretty sure I can fix these myself, no reply though :-( Is this project dead now?

Stu

@stuart , Well the Pandora is out of Production, but the community is pretty lively still, although a bit of us await the Pyra.

Yeah one of the Pandora charger versions came with an adapter. I'm bad at remembering the plug sized, but I've seen similar adapters sold at electronic part stores... maybe someone else here can chime in.

A PSP charger will work on the Pandora if you need another solution. You maybe able to charge via USB, but it may take several hours of trickle charge to get enough juice to power on. If it does power on I suggest charging it for a bit longer and then updating the firmware to the latest version. As there was a ton of changes that increase battery life and other improvements in wifi performance and such.
[doublepost=1494948164,1494947761][/doublepost]Update:

I almost think this is what you need at least on the Pandora side, but I'm not 100% sure... I 1.7mm rings a bell, I think 2.1mm is the size of the charger's end... If someone else can confirm this.

https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=142043268578&&&chn=ps

Does it make sense to search for an apadpter when psp chargers go for little money in every gamestop?

Yeah, I lost my official charger years ago, and have since charged using a USB->PSP cable. I found the cheap PVC cable I bought lasted about 4 years before the power lines started to become flakey, and I just had to order a fresh one. The data lines to the mini-USB plug seem pre-broken on this one, but it still charges my Pandora just fine.

Back