PAX East Newcomers

Link

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
Hey all,

Just wanted to start a thread for PAX East new Pandorians and those who might have stopped by to express concerns about upgrading, outstanding UK orders, or just finding the community after researching the project.

I'd value responses from attendees, other exhibits or developers who attended, etc. 

I can say the Pandora and GCW-Zero both received outstanding attention throughout the event.  The booth had very little time that it was empty.  People responded very well to the unit, the project.  There are a lot of people who knew of the Pandora, and lost interest, thought it never happened, etc.  I think at this point in time, it is very good to be spreading the word about its availability, and showing off its wonders.

Being this is the first big event for Ithic.com I'm super curious to see results.

PAX Prime?  I know it isn't as indy friendly as East from what I gather.   Again, knowing what other PAX goers think is a good thing to understand.  

Best,

Last edited by a moderator:
If I knew Pandora will be at the same booth as GCW, I'd prepare a Pandora build of UMG :p

Here is how the booth looked like:

photo.JPG

Hey Link. Your booth could have used some booth babes.

Perhaps bring someone to sit and play the demo pandora unit while projecting? Would show its capabilities more than the intro to Monkey Island.

The average consumer would likely assume that you were simply playing back a movie, which just about anything can do.

Or maybe record a demo video on one, and play that back?

It looked pretty professional, and the three demo Zero units were neat. Maybe I'll play with one tomorrow.

I hope I didn't seem disgruntled with my purchase; I love my panda.

You answered my concerns perfectly, but I might still send it in for you to look at the R button.

PAX was pretty cool, I just wish I had more time to explore. Perhaps next year I'll attend as a normal person instead of working.

Oh, everywhere I went, people were asking about my pandora. I steered them toward your booth. I hope you don't mind. :p

Zear, despite what the GCW guys say you took a picture of the ugly side of the booth.. Below is a better shot with Link working hard.  Can sort of see my projector setup going on, have Curse of Monkey Island going on with ScummVM.

2013-03-22_17-00-26_797.jpg

More Pics:

Our first PAX East customer, Head crabs may have swayed his decision to purchase a Pandora..

2013-03-23_14-06-12_197.jpg

A blurry(sorry bad camera phone) of the view from our booth. The place was hopping.

2013-03-22_11-16-35_637.jpg

Perks of being an Exhibitor, first day after kicking out the masses, free drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Link double fisting some beers.

2013-03-22_19-02-26_126.jpg

Will try to get some better pictures tomorrow.

Zear, despite what the GCW guys say you took a picture of the ugly side of the booth.. Below is a better shot with Link working hard.  Can sort of see my projector setup going on, have Curse of Monkey Island going on with ScummVM.
Oh I didn't take this picture. It was sent to me by the GCW guys. I wasn't even there. I live across the ocean ;)

2013-03-22_17-00-26_797.jpg

More Pics:

Our first PAX East customer, Head crabs may have swayed his decision to purchase a Pandora..

2013-03-23_14-06-12_197.jpg
A blurry(sorry bad camera phone) of the view from our booth. The place was hopping.

2013-03-22_11-16-35_637.jpg

Perks of being an Exhibitor, first day after kicking out the masses, free drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Link double fisting some beers.

2013-03-22_19-02-26_126.jpg

Will try to get some better pictures tomorrow.

Hey that woman is robbing that poor man and link is just sitting there!!! :eek: :eek: :)

Zear, despite what the GCW guys say you took a picture of the ugly side of the booth.. Below is a better shot with Link working hard. Can sort of see my projector setup going on, have Curse of Monkey Island going on with ScummVM.
Oh I didn't take this picture. It was sent to me by the GCW guys. I wasn't even there. I live across the ocean ;)
Ah... Actually Justin and the other GCW guys are stand up people, It's funny having a little behind the booth rivalry going on.

@Wrath.. haha didn't notice that.

I hope the publicity made it worthwhile. Was there only one sale at the event?

Two sales, Also a random first batch orderer stumbled by and was real interested in upgrading to a 1ghz once he learned he could do that and was going to bring in his Pandora today.

Ton of interested people though.

I hope the publicity made it worthwhile. Was there only one sale at the event?
I wouldn't worry about the number of sales at the event itself too much.  Such an expensive purchase deserves careful consideration.    When I was first shown what the Pandora was I knew immediately that I wanted one, but it still took me a month to decide to go ahead and order one.  The important thing here is to show it off,  and an event like PAX East provides the opportunity to show it off to a lot of new people.

- Neelix

Agree with Neelix completely here, those already fully aware of the product may well pick one up at this event.

Anyone just seeing it for first time though would likely not buy it on that strength, just good to plant the seed, they will probably check it out more later and then place orders.

Hope lots of interest is generated though :)

I was redirecting people all day again. Even waiting in line for the finale I had to correct myself when I suggested they go down to the booth to check it out. Lots of initial interest, though I have no idea how many of those actually came.

Back