PC Link/ Gp32 probs

EoS

Still Fresh
Ok i got my gp32 today and about nothing works...

i have:
the usb drivers from this site
managed to register the gp32
got all tools i need

but when i try to tranfer files, pc link( any version) software says either " timed out" and wont see the gp32 or it gets it but wont format the smc cause it, have a guess, TIMED OUT! also the pclink on gp says waiting... and smc eror plz insert smc ( i havent formatted it yet)

im pretty clueless, plz help!

EoS

oh yeah when i manage to see the gp32 in the pc link app and click on it, it says " error occured in gp32" or something like that

I found on another board that a user had the same problem with it's SMC and GP32 and it finally results in changing the GP32. But before check your GP32 with another PC. Test your SMC with another device.

Hope anything is working ;)

PC link problems are well established 'round here. There are a number of solutions: check that the cable is firmly pressed into the GP32 when it connects. Also use the Darkfader PC link on the GP32 for connection (its most reliable). Press and hold select when you turn it on to get the menu from there.

For formatting your SMC, when you turn on your GP32 go into "Pacrom" and Tools and Format your card in there.

If you don't have either of these installed already on your GP32, then get a smart media reader, they only cost £10 and save you a LOT of aggro. (I know, my PC link refuses to work and I don't really want to reinstall Windows just for that)

When you get it working, get opensnes9xgp - its the best for SNES games.

Hope this helps you.

tried it on another pc, same results...
is the gp32 usb 1.1 compatible? cause i dont have usb 2.0!

rereading the original post it seems as though it could be the USB lead that is broken.

also what order are you doing things...
it should be

1 plug in USB
2 put GP32 into Transfer mode
3 Run PC Link on PC

any other order probably wont work.

stupid question, but i DO insert the smc with the gold facing away from me right?

yeah the order is:
plug in usb
switch on gp32
put it in link mode
start pc link

if it finds the gp, when i click on it it says " error occured on gp32 during processing"

funny thing is i was able to use the auth wizird with no probs!

I just had to check this.... (wasn't sure myself) the gold bit faces the screen side... so if you're getting dodgy smc errors maybe this is why (?!?) (with the corner bit going into the slot first)

argh...ok i obvously had the smc inserted in a wrong way, now the gp only says waiting

but the link appstill says time out, without finding any gp!

ppl, thx for your help its working now!
i plugged it in a different usb port and it works, dont ask me why :)

turn your PC's speakers on, when you plug your GP32 does the pc
make a noice to show it has picked up the USB devive ??? im thinking
that maybe your ports are disabled or you have a dodgy link cable.

Back