Pc Spec. Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

davey g

Bitches and hos
Website
www.belfastskate.has.it
I am going to be buying a PC almost if not exactly the same as this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1 for a grand total of £475.

To me, this seems like a spunk-tacular deal. What I'm wondering is if any person who has more knowledge in computer hardware can spot anything wrong that I might not have noticed, I know that there's no monitor.

Thanks for any help.

Holy shit.

For that price that's not a bad setup. I've read it thoroughly and can't see a catch. I just hope to god you won it.

Man I wish I hadn't spent all my cash on a holiday, would've bought that otherwise.

well Office is probably pirates since the pro version cost over £300

but aside from that its is good

do you know what speed the processor is clocked at

OMFG, thats a beauty! for that price!

you better get it!

i also want to know the clock speed, that is crutial, you dont want to end up with a 1.1 ghz like min :(

hope you win it :)

Personlly i wouldn't trust ebay for buying a full blown pc, tooo manythings can go wrong with a pc..

There not going to have the tech support or the customer care of a larger company, could end up being false economy, if things go wrong.. If you got the tech know how maybe not so bad.. but you'll probably find they have cut costs by putting a cheap power supply or other parts that would be noticed by teh causual user..

If something is a bargain that sounds to good to be true its more than likely to good to be true.. you may get lucky.. but you don't spend hundreds of pounds on a lottery ticket ;)

skysnapper posted on Aug 16 2005 at 08:50 AM said:
Personlly i wouldn't trust ebay for buying a full blown pc, tooo manythings can go wrong with a pc..

There not going to have the tech support or the customer care of a larger company, could end up being false economy, if things go wrong.. If you got the tech know how maybe not so bad.. but you'll probably find they have cut costs by putting a cheap power supply or other parts that would be noticed by teh causual user..

If something is a bargain that sounds to good to be true its more than likely to good to be true.. you may get lucky.. but you don't spend hundreds of pounds on a lottery ticket ;)

You have a fair point but I guess it all depends on the buyers tech knowledge. I have always built my PC out of the cheapest bits of crap I can find, safe in the knowledge that it shouldn't go wrong because I know how to fix it.

Anyway Davey G, you should have said what you were going to use the PC for in order to get a better answer. For gaming it should be fine, it seems fairly future proof.

Last edited by a moderator:
saintdragon posted on Aug 16 2005 at 02:47 AM said:
no wonder they didnt show the cpu clock speed, its worse then mine :( but still some specs are good...

An AMD Athlon 64 4000+ is named that because it is the equivalent of a 4GHz Pentium 4. While it may be clocked lower it has the same performance.

I don't need to worry about tech support, I know my way around a computer, this deal just seemed too good to be true so that's why I wasn't sure.

Edit : That link doesn't show the actual clock speed of the processor anyway so I assume you read the 1000MHz FSB, which isn't the speed of the processor and is normally around 800MHz.

saintdragon posted on Aug 16 2005 at 02:47 AM said:
no wonder they didnt show the cpu clock speed, its worse then mine :( but still some specs are good...
The 64 4000+ is pretty top of the line just so you know

Hes only got 7 feedback mind, be careful. I was stung buying a pc which was also top of the line back in january from an ebayer with 10 feedback, but I thoguht its okay as he had sold other pcs before, and the buyers had left +ves. Alas, how wrong i was...

loz_the_guru posted on Aug 16 2005 at 10:25 AM said:
Hes only got 7 feedback mind, be careful. I was stung buying a pc which was also top of the line back in january from an ebayer with 10 feedback, but I thoguht its okay as he had sold other pcs before, and the buyers had left +ves. Alas, how wrong i was...

I know, this is what I've been worried about. But hey, I have his address and he seems to be much more worried about me not paying than I am about him not sending. I guess this is just one of the risks you have to take.

wow, thats a nice computer! My friend just built his own computer from scratch and it cost him 1200 dollars (including a nice moniter) and his wasn't as good as that. The processor, ram, graphics card, and hard drive mentioned are all excellent. I'm not sure about the motherboard but my guess is its good as it supports all of that other good stuff.

Looks like one of those rare reserve-less deals where the seller expects it to skyrocket but nobody catches on. You got very lucky, I think building that PC from scratch would set you back £700 or more bearing in mind that the 6800 Ultra is £300-£400 alone.

davey g posted on Aug 19 2005 at 10:45 PM said:
He has four more up on ebay now, here.

Have you received yours yet davey? whats it like? This guy is either jesus disguised as
PC salesman, or he is just stupid and doesn't realise how much money this is probably
costing him, these look so tempting, I might start saving and pray that he keeps listing them.

Twimfy posted on Aug 20 2005 at 09:13 AM said:
davey g posted on Aug 19 2005 at 10:45 PM said:
He has four more up on ebay now, here.

Have you received yours yet davey? whats it like? This guy is either jesus disguised as
PC salesman, or he is just stupid and doesn't realise how much money this is probably
costing him, these look so tempting, I might start saving and pray that he keeps listing them.

I agree with twimfy.

Had a look at the specs as i couldn't check ebay at work and the parts are good quality branded bits i mean the power supply alone is just under 90 quid to buy and is way more power than u need its an enermax which is a very good make of psu. The guy knows his bits ;) Even the case isn't a cheap a nasty one basically he hasn't been cheap on any of the parts.

Even at trade prices the guy would be losing hundreds of pounds selling at that price unless they fell off the back of a lorry ;). Considering hes got 8 feed back ... im somewhat skeptical, my outlook on ebay is if they have a low feed back i wouldn't touch em unless i was buying something like a cheap sub 10 quid game and only then they would have to have 100%. They've got nothing too lose by backing out with such a low feedback.

Although if it comes off your one hell of a lucky git ;) Because that is bloody nice set up for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back