pcsx rearmed diablo 1

danielo515

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is repeated stuff, but I have searched on the forum and I did not found anything.

Does someone why I am not able to press start button on Dialblo 1 on pcsx rearmed? it's very frustrating to have the game and be unable to play.

Many thanks!

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is repeated stuff, but I have searched on the forum and I did not found anything.

Does someone why I am not able to press start button on Dialblo 1 on pcsx rearmed? it's very frustrating to have the game and be unable to play.

Many thanks!
I know it doesn't work with the HLE emulation, I needed to get an official BIOS rom from a playstation typically (SCPH1001.BIN) and put it in the "/media/YOURSDCARD/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed/bios" folder.  Forum rules prevent me from sharing how you get this said image, something you need to search on your own.

Edit: also FYI,  if you didn't know, we do have a native Diablo 1 of the PC version of the game for the Pandora. You need to have the data from the PC game and have it patched to v1.09 though : http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.diablo1

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much. I will try your suggest and let you know if it works.

Edit: also FYI,  if you didn't know, we do have a native Diablo 1 of the PC version of the game for the Pandora. You need to have the data from the PC game and have it patched to v1.09 though : http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.diablo1
Yes I know, but I though the psx version would work better because it was created without keyboard and mouse in mind. In other words, it was made for a console, and the version PC does not. That's why I want to try the one from psx

Yes I know, but I though the psx version would work better because it was created without keyboard and mouse in mind. In other words, it was made for a console, and the version PC does not. That's why I want to try the one from psx
Honestly I felt the PSX version interface was a bit more clunky, especially inventory management. I found the PC version works pretty well, especially if you use the AB Mouse PND that moves mouse clicks to the A and B button.  

Honestly I felt the PSX version interface was a bit more clunky, especially inventory management. I found the PC version works pretty well, especially if you use the AB Mouse PND that moves mouse clicks to the A and B button.  
Hello!

I followed your instructions and now I have the diablo running flawesly. Thank you very much.

I am not very convinced about how PC games plays on Pandora. I think I will give it a try.

Many thanks.

But the mouse emulation is not perfect. In the case of Diablo this is not a problem because it works pretty good with the touch screen (and some key remapping).

As for the original problem, it may be that Diablo PSX is a pre-analog controller game, in which case it doesn't recognize the Playstation's analog controller (the default of PCSX). You can go into the control configuration menu and change controller type.

Of course, the Pandora PC version is the best one to play, but this situation exists with many PS1 games that were developed and published before its analog controller was available, so I figure it's worth mentioning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back