PDP Versus Controller (w/ microswitches)

bismuthdrummer

Inspired by Ashens' recent retro joystick review, I went on a search for a modern controller with microswitches since I haven't ever owned one but always loved the response of arcade sticks.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GbQajuuX6mM?feature=oembed

Found a good one made by PDP, actually they're on sale at the moment for 15 USD:

MS3660.jpg

I got the XBox one as above, but they also offer a HID-based PS3 controller. Just got mine today, and the clicky feedback soothes my fingertips and lulls my soul. Us Windows users have JoyToKey to do an excellent job of mapping the controls to suit any game.

Anyone know of any other good modern controllers (PC-compatible or otherwise) with microswitchy goodness?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I got one of these awhile back when they where first released for the Xbox and I fell in love after first use ^_^

I have heard stories that they don't take abuse, and don't last long, but mine worked fine for the time I used it for. My only issue was that they don't have a wireless model. I understand that on the Xbox Microsoft doesn't allow other companies to use their wireless tech, but that isn't the issue for the PS3.

I used the Madcatz fight pads before this one, and once I used this, all of my FP went straight to Ebay. I actually need to buy a PS3 version, but I was waiting in the hopes that a wireless model would be released, but that doesn't look likely(although I haven't checked in awhile). They also showed off a Wii version at trade shows awhile back, but I don't thing it ever got released(it was all white and match the Wii color scheme). Excellent controller, that I recommend to any and everyone who prefers pads over sticks for their fighting game needs.

Chris

Edit:Gamestop in the US sells these for 15 bucks in stores. Like I said, reviews vary greatly, I think it rocks, but it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back