Pdroms Coding Competition V4.01

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
The Team behind PDRoms has organized another coding competition. This time the first prize is a WIZ console.

As we try to animate people to pick up onto older systems the following systems are allowed: Atari 2600, Coleco Vision, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Game Gear, IntelliVision, Master System, Neo Geo Pocket, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Nintendo Entertainment System, Odyssey2, Wonderswan, Wonderswan Color, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Genesis/Megadrive, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo 64, PC Engine, Sega 32x, Sega CD and Vectrex.

Topic: Create a logic/puzzle game

All you need to know can be found here: http://pdroms.de/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=4642

Good luck and spread the word!

PS: For those who are unsure... there are basic variants for Atari 2600 etc which make coding really easy for everyone. Just try to stick with something new :) Older systems still deserve to be "homebrew serverd".

Last edited by a moderator:
Too much offtopic even for a "Other Consoles" forum section

Sounds like a good competition to enter but unfortunately I'm a crap programmer which takes too long to get something decent working. :unsure:

Damn! Got spam from this compo.

Hi quasist!

Want to inform you about a new compo on PDRoms, where a bunch of systems
are allowed. YOu can get info here:
http://pdroms.de/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=4642

Hope to see you competing ;)

Regards
Kojote/PDR

Writing Logic/Puzzle games with no violence is a waste of time.

Kojote is a dog!

i would consider something spam if it does not bear the recievers name. it was also a plain text mail.

not quite sure why you are so agressive... you've been competing in one of the previous compos and i just wrote you that there is a new one. i acutally don't see the "spam" point.

but don't worry, you wont be getting any mail from me again.

'Kojote' said:
i would consider something spam if it does not bear the recievers name. it was also a plain text mail.

not quite sure why you are so agressive... you've been competing in one of the previous compos and i just wrote you that there is a new one. i acutally don't see the "spam" point.

but don't worry, you wont be getting any mail from me again.
Don't take quasist too personally, he is an avid troll ;p Almost everything he says here is with the intention of insulting someone or something.

Ah, but why no GP32? It is certainly retro enough for your purposes, about the same age as GBA, and even has an emulator available for you to try out the submissions. It`s certainly in more need of fresh homebrew than a lot of the other platforms you mentioned.

'quasist' said:
Kojote is a dog!
That's the 5th insulting or inflammatory post out of you in the last 3 days. Take the next 2 weeks off.

I actually had to lower your warning level just to raise it again (for the second time!) because it won't go past 100%. The next time you act up, you're gone for good.

'Alex.' said:
Ah, but why no GP32? It is certainly retro enough for your purposes, about the same age as GBA, and even has an emulator available for you to try out the submissions. It`s certainly in more need of fresh homebrew than a lot of the other platforms you mentioned.
indeed we did not go for gp32 yet, because it will require real hardware testing. the sytems are currently selected that you can all test them in emulators, which means less work for the judges. i will consider gp32 for one of the next compos again. after all the judges will require the real thing too and two of them (out of three) would not have one.

any gp2x entries planned?

and kojote, exophase is exactly right about quasist. he does make some cool games though and can sometimes be funny.

I wouldn't be too surprised if he still entered the compo or even started making games for pandora in the future.

I quite like quasist too, much the same way I liked Epicentre et al.

They make the forum random and funny as long as you don't take them seriously. It's when they start to actually misguide people that it becomes weird.

I admire Quasist's games, but I wish they would be ported to the Pandora.

His... shall we say, "inflammatory" nature leaves something to be desired. :p

'craigix' said:
I quite like quasist too, much the same way I liked Epicentre et al.

They make the forum random and funny as long as you don't take them seriously. It's when they start to actually misguide people that it becomes weird.
I had an idea, maybe it's too totalitarian though: Is it possible to 'brand' a forum poster by permanently changing their signature, say? It would be like a sign round their neck - 'Avoid me, i'm a troll'.

Yeah, perhaps that's too harsh.

Why would you try to brand him? Then no one will take him seriously and there is no point in existing anymore. He would have to make a new account just to continue his way of life.

Back