Petition to Stop the "Kill the Gays" Law in Uganda

A petition from people not of the country the law is being considered, with absolutely no power in the countries they actually are from. That'll do a lot. I'll also change the colour of my twitter feed to purple, that'll guarantee things change for the better. :(

Sorry, feeling very cynical this evening.

A petition from people not of the country the law is being considered, with absolutely no power in the countries they actually are from. That'll do a lot. I'll also change the colour of my twitter feed to purple, that'll guarantee things change for the better.
Of course! Don't you know that Uganda cares very much about the opinion of other countries?

[agree]

@sony:

you're in favor of making it illegal?

Even if it doesn't change anything I signed.

One of my friend that is gay, lived in a homophobic family, it was already really hard on him (he had suicidal tendencies).

He ran away from home quite a few times. He was so afraid to be rejected that he waited almost 3 years before telling to us, his friends, that he is gay.

I think it's us, his friends, that helped him to feel that he wasn't a freak.

So I can't imagine how it would have been in a country that kills you because nature made you love people of the same sex.

REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing wrong with civilised discussion-- as soon as a debate starts people call it a flamewar.

Nevertheless everything's been taken care of; we're all friends here I would hope. Nothing to see here, move along now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, seems my comment heated up the things around here.

I apologize derailing this thread and remove it ASAP.

My upstairs neighbour has got it all worked out. Noises from the other night about 2:00 am

<car pulls up> Beep beep!

<steps coming down the stairs>

"Hi"

"Hi"

<sounds of his bed creaking at full whack>

<steps coming down the stairs>

"Bye"

"Bye"

<car pulling out> Varooom !!

Not that gay folks can't be in long-term loving relationships of course. I often see same-sex couples in my local supermarket; it gently amuses me to see how - sometimes - they've effectively turned into each other.

^ F*cking Nigerian scammers! :p

Actually, under this new legislation that would be illegal. Unless you want to fuck female Nigerian scammers.

I really have nothing to say about this that isn't borderline criminally offensive.

Does this mean it'll also be illegal to "eat da poo poo", as that's not technically gay.

@Sony, if you think that homosexuality is something you choose to live with, you probably are pretty narrow minded. Or listen too much to religious people.

With all due respect, that's not true at all. I believe that the urges could possibly come about naturally (or just by social conditioning) but even if that is so, the choice to act on them is a completely different thing. Does that make me narrow-minded, or does it just make me a guy with a different opinion, and -you- are the narrow-minded one? Sorry, but the "You don't agree with me, so you're narrow/closed-minded" mindset is such a pet peeve for me. I don't make it my business what goes on in other people's bedrooms-- it is my opinion people who do don't have enough going on in their own-- but I refuse to be labelled as "narrow-minded" just because I hold a different set of morals than yourself. It's becoming a disease. You seem to actually believe you are a better human being than someone else just because you think differently than they do.

"Religious people" aren't all that bad, you know. I got somewhat angry when I read that sort of talk here, in this community; hostility toward all religious people indiscriminately is for mindless trolls on YouTube and the occasional Richard Dawkins circlejerk convention. Not all of us are those idiots with the "God Hates Fags" picket signs. Not all of us are playing God, standing on soapboxes and damning everyone to Hell. As an example, I believe that homosexual acts are sinful, just as I believe sex outside of a committed relationship ("marriage" has changed too much and is too government-centred to be valid today) is sinful. So is lying to your parents, or anyone for that matter. So is gluttony. So is sloth. So is pretty much everything else that makes us human-- and that's why we have someone to save us from it all. If humans were without sin, we wouldn't need a saviour-- and that's all I have to say about that.

My non-cynical action of the day: I just signed the petition. It might not do any good, but there's always hope. If not, I suggest we stage a hostile government takeover. I'm not kidding. Discrimination like this in the modern age is inexcusable. The WBC must be having a field day.

Great post Aqua, I couldn't agree more with everything therein.

^^Please, don't add fuel to the fire, I apologized for my potentially offensive comment and removed it.

I even explained my point of view to AquaAnalogue in private.

Case closed
wink.gif

Back