Phone Handset

That looks promising!
If we could get whatsapp working somehow in the pyra I can see me using this setup as my main and only communication device
Telegram should work perfectly, so it's just a matter of convincing everyone you know to switch to that instead.

I thought this was a cool idea until I realized I only do voice a few times a week. I still think if I can get my Pyra to send notifications to my pebble and have a blutooth headset that will serve me better than this.

The featues, like it being a multimedia remote are kinda cool though.

Voice is rare for me, too. I will stick with my wired headset since I will already have it plugged in for music most of the time. If I am expecting a bunch of calls I will bring along one of the small Bluetooth handsets @Grench introduced me to a few years ago, or my bigger, more comfortable wired handset (or forward calls) when I am stationary.

I looked at the link, but didn't read it yet. If I am going to be lugging another device around I will probably just go with a small dumb burner that I almost never need to charge, and that I can abuse the hell out of without concern. That other thing does kinda look interesting, though.

That looks promising!
If we could get whatsapp working somehow in the pyra I can see me using this setup as my main and only communication device
Some guy was working on Android on Pandora/Pyra, not sure how that went. I'm pretty sure someone will figure it out here as soon as the Pyra is released.

biting down hard on "yo dawg I heard u like..."

I get it, for large devices, aye.
For so-called phones - the change in how we look at things over the course of their evolution is oft baffling.

Classification, convergence, divergence and bifurcation, 'tis all wild.

I discovered this by chance today at Banggood:
LONG-CZ J8 0.66-inch 300mAh Single Micro SIM Bluetooth Earphone Mini Cellphone
LONG-CZ T3 0.66-inch 500mAh High Smallest Smart Bluetooth Earphone Mini Cellphone

I don't know if this could work.
I want to use the Pyra mainly as a phone replacement.

Damn it:
The following error occurred:
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.
Come on lets me post this!:-||:-||:-||
Looks like i can't post Banggood links.

Here's another bluetooth handset. Costs about 150€ though.
star-trek-the-original-series-communicator-bluetooth-handset_670.jpg

Other brands:
Sony Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52
Alcatel OneTouch Hero Remote
Samsung HM500

On one of those things I'd want a lanyard hole, mini display for caller ID, the option to connect headphones and maybe a flashlight.

Last edited:
Damn it:
The following error occurred:
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.
Come on lets me post this!:-||:-||:-||
Looks like i can't post Banggood links.
glob damn this shitty forum software. A new user with actual content to post can't but spammers get through on loopholes.
Here's the links I assume you were trying to post:
https://www.banggood.com/LONG-CZ-J8...etooth-Earphone-Mini-Cellphone-p-1166501.html
https://www.banggood.com/LONG-CZ-T3...etooth-Earphone-Mini-Cellphone-p-1143133.html

This thread needs more purchase links. I will check out the price and specs of the ones kuru mentioned that I don't own.

Does anyone else think it might be worth making a page for Bluetooth handsets on the wiki?

@WizardStan
Thank you, although I have been registered for over a year. Damn i can't even Quote your links.
Looks interesting... In fact, there's a few things that look interesting on banggood, though I'd never heard of it. Is it a market place like eBay? or more of a giant shop? Has anyone used it shipping to the UK?
I can't talk about uk but i bought often from germany, never had a problem. if the package didn't arrive they refund it.
It's more like a giant shop.

Has the first ever Pyra call been made yet?
If not, we need a video of it. It would be great if both ends of the call are a Pyra.
I totally agree.:D

Back