PhoneJoy Play: Turn your phone into a console!

The design looks good to me.

It will sure render the final phone-control size to an atari lynx brick, but seems quite complete to me as far as control goes.

No keyboard though...how could I code on c64 emu that way? :p

Competitor to the original iCP, but the keyboard marks the iCP2 in a slightly different (albeit overlapped) category preventing direct competition. The iCP2 already had competition in the "pure game controls" market, and that's what this is getting into as well. I do like how the campaign was laid out, very professional. I have no doubt they'll make their goal.

The goal is so low. They will reach 50% only by selling Level5 pledge. Also updated OP ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah at a glance of the pics it looks a cheaper build quality than iCP2, and too bulky, and not a nice looking dpad to me.

I like that it has 4 shoulder buttons though.

not for me this one

To be fair the OP is comparing it to the ICP1 not the ICP2. As such ie a game controller attachment, it looks quite good, I like how they have the universal , fits all clamp. That's the best bit IMO.

If only it would fit a Nexus 7

yeah I didn't really notice was iCP1... the blokes voice in video distracted me.

personally, I'd still prefer the iCP1 for the controls over these ones, and my iCP1 is more pocketable it looks like too... this would be ok to clamp around a nexus 7 as you say, leaving it sat on the table or somewhere, but looks too bulk to be carrying around

It looks pretty cool.

Waaaay too bulky for me, especially as there is no keyboard. The ICP2 is perfect for my needs and is about as compact as you could get.

I can see myself taking the ICP2 everywhere... not so with this controller. It does allow you to attach to your phone in portrait mode which it pretty cool. Not possible with the ICP2 AFAIK.

A feature to consider for the ICP3.

controls looks fine, the P/L/A/Y buttons seem a bit cheesy, but too much moving parts I would break that thing in no time..

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent idea . I can see the average android user owning this . Not really anything original like they were making it out to be in vid though

Back