Picodrive 1.14 Sega Cd Trouble

vaustein

I'm having some trouble with certain Sega CD titles. I've done the following:

-sound MUST be set to 44100 stereo, or else cdda music will be played at wrong speeds.
-mp3 decoding is done by ARM940 core, so you must enable "use ARM940 for sound" to get cdda music
-press A on BIOS title screen when it says "press start button", format BRAM and then boot.

I've tried two different sources for "Dark Wizard" and neither work. The behavior is exactly the same - after the bios screen, there's the Sega screen w/ Sonic waving his finger, and the game hangs at that point. I've also tried "Heart of the Alien" and "Third World War". These two get past the Sega screen, but then the graphics are so corrupted that each game is unplayable. However, Snatchers works perfectly.

A theory: The first three have that Sega loading screen while Snatchers (a Konami title) does not. Goofy as it sounds, could that be an issue? Otherwise, has anyone gotten Dark Wizard to work? It's the Sega CD title I can't do without :unsure:

vaustein posted on Feb 11 2007 at 07:26 PM said:
I'm having some trouble with certain Sega CD titles. I've done the following:

-sound MUST be set to 44100 stereo, or else cdda music will be played at wrong speeds.
-mp3 decoding is done by ARM940 core, so you must enable "use ARM940 for sound" to get cdda music
-press A on BIOS title screen when it says "press start button", format BRAM and then boot.

I've tried two different sources for "Dark Wizard" and neither work. The behavior is exactly the same - after the bios screen, there's the Sega screen w/ Sonic waving his finger, and the game hangs at that point. I've also tried "Heart of the Alien" and "Third World War". These two get past the Sega screen, but then the graphics are so corrupted that each game is unplayable. However, Snatchers works perfectly.

A theory: The first three have that Sega loading screen while Snatchers (a Konami title) does not. Goofy as it sounds, could that be an issue? Otherwise, has anyone gotten Dark Wizard to work? It's the Sega CD title I can't do without :unsure:

Some games are working, some other not... I personlly tested Sonic CD, Shining FOrce, Snatcher, Heimdall, Earthworm Jim and Lunar 2, every one seemed to work without major problems :)

Remeber that all MegaCD hardware aren't emulated at the moment, especially graphic chips

Last edited by a moderator:
Back