Picodrive Question

foleyjo

Not sure if this has been asked before (or if I asked it) but what are the chances of having the 32x integrated into this emulator .
Probably Zilch I guess but I ask because Im thinking of selling my megadrive + CD + 32X as a GP2X with Cradel and HDD takes up a lot less space and power sockets

not impossible, but i doubt it. the genesis and the sega cd have pretty much the same hardware, the cpu is exactly the same, so adding seca cd support was somewhat "easy". the 32x on the other hand has two 32bit processors, and even on the pc the emulation is quite troubled.

The other side of what I want to know though is if it is possible what are the chances of someone actually doing it. I honestly dont think anyone will bother but its worth asking :lol:

I think Ill sell up anyway because

1- I dont play the 32X games because its a chew on to get it up and running

2- A future handheld might emulate it

32x has 2x SH2s which would probably require a dynarec to get them running at acceptable speeds (they were RISC chips, 23MHz, with cache). Not to mention additional graphics chip. Certainly a possibility (at least for the new handheld), but no work has been started on this.

the pc "fusion" emulator does a rather nice job with most 32x games, but it requires more than a ghz to run at full speed - our little 275mhz (oc'd) box hasn't a prayer.

Back