Pics Of What You're Doing On Pandora?

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Post some cool pics, otherwise this thread just serves to show how badly I suck :)

Aight, here we go.. for lulz and cause its useful to me --

Pandora running Stuckie's Debian extend,
Built and running ARanyM virtual machine (a VM for running modern Atari TOS machines in, sort of akin to a VM runing Atari ST stuff with modern machine specs.)
ARanyM in turn running EasyMint (Unix-like kernel with unix-like distribution)
And installed Debian distro onto it, so I have modern Debian toolset to run 69k gcc for building Atari applications on Pandora.

ie: Pandora running Debian running VM running Debian to produce Atari executables natively.

Whew, now I can run Calamus SL and do desktop publishing like its 1988 again :)

Pic of pandora with GEM desktop showing:
aranym-pandora.JPG

Pic of bash and gcc doing nothing close up :p
aranym-pandora-gcc.JPG

jeff

is there a need to post pics big enough to be able to see if theres dead pixels on your screen though?
(i see none btw, do see some weird bodily fluid smudges on it though, also theres a tiny hair by your minimize window in 2nd pic, and your camera might have some deal pixels, i see random white dots to the left and right of the pandora)

Heh, those are some seriously big images!
I'm intrigued with the Atari ST vm thing though - what is that super-cool GEM interface? Not like my old Atari ST!

Well to actually contribute something here:
Right now I am watching the desktop of my mainpc with remmina on the pandora, while looking at the Pandora from my mainpc over vnc...

Endless joy!
pandorapandorapandora.jpg

mcobit said:
Well to actually contribute something here:
Right now I am watching the desktop of my mainpc with remmina on the pandora, while looking at the Pandora from my mainpc over vnc...

Endless joy!
pandorapandorapandora.jpg

Yo dawg, I heard you like Windows. So I put Windows in your Windows so you can work while you work.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaMummy said:
is there a need to post pics big enough to be able to see if theres dead pixels on your screen though?
(i see none btw, do see some weird bodily fluid smudges on it though, also theres a tiny hair by your minimize window in 2nd pic, and your camera might have some deal pixels, i see random white dots to the left and right of the pandora)

Sorry, I know; when outside of Spoiler-tag they get resized, I didn't realize till this morning that when I added Spoiler-wrapper that it doesn't resize when showing. Also, being midnight and up too many nights, I was lazy and didn't resize them before uploading to my site.

So, sorry about that :)

Miner49er -- Atari "TOS" development is still an ongoing thing; people are still using their old STs and the newer machines (TT and Falcon, say), plus designing new boards (such as CT for Falcon to bring them up to 100mhz or more and having hundreds of MB of RAM... and new machines altogether, such as the FireBee which is a new machine compatible with Atari TOS, but running 1920x1200 and IDE hard drives and so on :) -- so that desktop is Terradesk (open source desktop) running on top of MiNT and EmuTOS (the new TOS kernel, what was MultiTOS at one point, but is a unix-like kernel), with SpareMint (unix-like toolchain and userland), with fvdi (replacement VDI for rendering), and so on. A full open source end to end OS for Atari machines, still under development. All running inside of ARanyM virtual machine.

Its easier to get a lot of this stuff running under Hatari (I already released a pnd of that), but Hatari emulates a ST or TT or Falcon (best at ST/STE though); ARanyM is a VM for running a modern hardware with TOS in it, and ties into the native OS better. (ie: ARanM presents native printers as ST printers.)

jeff

Alerino said:
it boots fast (less than 1 minute at 1ghz), but it's not good enough to run games or demanding apps

So if I wanna mess around with the OS, it runs well enough?

Alerino said:
Those are not new, but i was very happy at the result.

playing scummvm

5084195010_e732454e65.jpg

windows 95 through dosbox
4986552347_39b97f7635.jpg

installing openoffice under stuckie's debian

4945835165_6fa5ce26cb.jpg

running OO and AMSN under debian

4954084026_e24335d471.jpg

pandora usb madness

4849747543_6ac1dfea03.jpg

4849747717_9b5c883960.jpg

dosbox Sherlock Holmes & 3G usb connection

4939011090_9e17d68035.jpg
Im interested in the Sherlock Holmes game... do you know where I can buy it? And how much it is?

looks like "The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes - The Case of the Serrated Scalpel" for the pc? Best bet is ebay or an abandonware site - don't think you'll be able to buy this retail.

Just took a couple of snapshots. :)

Pandora_-_Mega_Man_4.png

I was playing Mega Man 4 just now. Mega Man himself wanted to join in, as you can see. :p

Pandora_-_Intrepid.png

Secondly, I picked up my first non-JAMMA arcade game PCB a few days ago - Intrepid, by Nova Games of Canada. This is my Pandora playing the game, with the game board itself sitting close-to-hand in its anti-static bag.

Prometheus said:
Just took a couple of snapshots. :)

I was playing Mega Man 4 just now. Mega Man himself wanted to join in, as you can see. :p

Secondly, I picked up my first non-JAMMA arcade game PCB a few days ago - Intrepid, by Nova Games of Canada. This is my Pandora playing the game, with the game board itself sitting close-to-hand in its anti-static bag.
Every time I read your posts and look at these funny pics I'm really surprised how much of a nerd women sometimes can be.....loving it by the way.

Back