Pidgin Crashes, Alot

GizmoTheGreen

Pidgin crashes alot... would be nice with a fix.
I ran pidgin from the terminal and when the crash/freeze happened i got:

waitpid(): No child processes

mass spam
hope it helps figuring out whats wrong

Edit: mightve found a fix to the crashing...
Can those that have crashing issues try diabling any sound notifications? seems to work for me, piding has been running for a good 30 minutes now

Yeah, notifications in pidgin have always given me problems, both in linux with heavy load during playback and in Windows with high memory usage after a while with it enabled. It seems to just be a bug in pidgin or whatever it uses for playback. Might help if you go in to preferences and change playback to use an external program, like aplay.

paulguy said:
Yeah, notifications in pidgin have always given me problems, both in linux with heavy load during playback and in Windows with high memory usage after a while with it enabled. It seems to just be a bug in pidgin or whatever it uses for playback. Might help if you go in to preferences and change playback to use an external program, like aplay.

maybe, i just disabled them though, dont matter much haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's the I need help thread, so if someone else has the same problem and wants notification sounds, they can find it here. :)

Really I think it's kinda neat that so many problems are finding solutions, so people can just search the forums (through google of course) and find results. It's all really neatly organized.

Back