Pim & Wiz

zaoin

Website
Visit site
Will some coder do some PIM software for Wiz?
How are the Planner, Alarm, World Time, Calculator, Memo Pad, and Voice Recorder ?
Can Wiz run a palmos emulator?

I don't think you can turn the device on, so alarm might be not possible. A calender and such should be pretty easy to write if the firmware doesn't support one. I think I've seen one on the screenshots, though.

KungPhoo said:
I don't think you can turn the device on, so alarm might be not possible.
:blink:

No Standby mode?
Then why an Alarm program builtin?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can it be done? Yes, of course (couldbe on 2x too, just no clock made it annoying.)

Obvious things like Maemo and various X11 apps and so on mean it woudl be a piece of cake for ports if someone bothered to do them.

Palm OS emu, like copilot, should be in the same boat. (A bigger question would be if the touchscreen is anywhere near as accurate as the Palm OS ones are.)

jeff

skeezix said:
Palm OS emu, like copilot, should be in the same boat. (A bigger question would be if the touchscreen is anywhere near as accurate as the Palm OS ones are.)

jeff
How accurate are the Palm OS ones? at 800x480 it probably won't be pixel accurate, but it should be at least size accurate. to a comparable screen area Palm.

Topic is Wiz, not Pandora.

The F200 touchscreen is workable, but not really accurate at all.

Palm PS and WinMob and other traditional PDA displays are _very_ accurate (though subject to drift and so forth as pressure changes and devices age); the iPhone for instance is very much not high res sensitivity, but is highly accurate.

So it depends on the type of technology; I expect Pandora's to be very good from what I've read about it.

The F200 is not really precise at all; they designed it to be accurate only so much as for gaming, say, not for PIM (ie: buttons and sliders and so on.)

jeff

skeezix said:
Topic is Wiz, not Pandora.

The F200 touchscreen is workable, but not really accurate at all.

Palm PS and WinMob and other traditional PDA displays are _very_ accurate (though subject to drift and so forth as pressure changes and devices age); the iPhone for instance is very much not high res sensitivity, but is highly accurate.

So it depends on the type of technology; I expect Pandora's to be very good from what I've read about it.

The F200 is not really precise at all; they designed it to be accurate only so much as for gaming, say, not for PIM (ie: buttons and sliders and so on.)

jeff
Oops, so a hardware limitation? Or a software limitation? The screen is off-the-shelf, so the hardware issue could be poor PCB layout or bad design.

Or the software could be the problem, has that been checked? This is why I don't like GPH.

I think the F200 is just the choice of digitizer panel for the touchscreen, but I've not followed too closely.

jeff

Pim & Wiz - sounds like a new cocktail. :D

Presumably you are thinking on-screen keyboard. There's not a lot of screen real estate, so accurate touch screen is a must. Does anybody with a dev unit have any knowledge of accuracy?

Back