Pinball Fantasies Portable

Alucard

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Pinball Dreams is the only commercial game I've bought for my GP32. I loved this game since my old Amiga 500 - days and really enjoyed playing it on the handheld. There are only a few annoying bugs on the tables IGNITION and NIGHTMARE that makes gaining points too easy.
I surfed to the homepage of the developer logikstate(.com) in order to look for a conversion of Pinball Fantasies, but didn't found anything GP32-related. Then I saw a pic of "Pinball Challenge Deluxe" for GBA. Through Google I found out it is basically Pinball Dreams + Pinball Fantasies on one cart!

After that I...erm...bought the game for my GBA SP and tried it. It really has the four Pinball Dreams- plus the four Pinball Fantasies - tables, perfectly converted, in it! It features the complete music and sound effects from the tables of the original Amiga version. I've read somewere the highscores wouldn't be saved - but that's not true. Once you at least scored 5 million points on a table you can enter your initials and the highscore is permanently saved.

The only downside of this GBA title is that due to the low resolution of the GBA's display the you see less of the table than on the GP32 and the screen doesn't just scroll up and down, but also to the left and to the right. But if you know the tables already from the Amiga or the PC it's not a big issue (at least for me).

And "Pinball Challenge Deluxe" doesn't seem to have the bugs on IGNITION and NIGHTMARE. I can fully recommend this title (I guess, more than 50 percent of us GP32-owners also have a GBA).

That's kind of interesting, almost makes me wanna buy a GBA (Bangs head and comes to senses).

I too am an ole' Amiga fanatic, I have 3 in my retro collection, I call them, wait for it, my 3 amigas :unsure:

Apparently, I hear that there was a version of pinball fantasies in the making for the GP32, but Game Park didn't release it :angry: . Ruddy typical if you ask me.

Quiest posted on Apr 30 2005 at 05:00 PM said:
Oh, well... and why did you post that here?

(EDIT: That was pointed to Alucard)

Don't you mean Dracula?

Edit:

I wonder if Alucard has big fangs :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Quiest posted on Apr 30 2005 at 04:00 PM said:
As I wrote, because I think that most of the GP32-users also own a GBA. And, if they enjoyed Pinball Dreams on GP32, they might be interested in playing the successor also on a handheld.

@WarmFluffyUK: Wow - 3 Amigas! One girlfriend is enough for me. ;) And - about the fangs - I really am too lazy to cut my nails for a couple of weeks, sometimes. So, well, sometimes I have fangs.

We do have Pinball Fantasies for SNES as well, but of course it's rather slow with sound enabled and appears to have been taken over by munch bunch characters? for some ungodly reason.

dude other consoles section, other consoles section!

:)

was an interesting topic though, but im moving it to the other consoles section :)

WarmFluffyUK posted on Apr 30 2005 at 05:09 PM said:
Quiest posted on Apr 30 2005 at 05:00 PM said:

(EDIT: That was pointed to Alucard)

Don't you mean Dracula?

Edit:

I wonder if Alucard has big fangs :lol:

No, I mean Alucard. He is the son of Dracula and not Dracula himself ;) (atleast in the Castlevania games)

Alucard is also the hero of the manga/anime series HELLSING. Do you remember hando´s old avatar? That´s alucard.
0000alucardwartend.jpg

...or it's the least valuable American Express - card. ;)

@Belgarath: Thanks for explaining the bunch. Well, we haven't got them in Germany (yet?). Maybe they're going to introduce them sometime in the future here as "die Frucht Familie" (the fruit family). ;)

Alucard posted on Apr 30 2005 at 06:40 PM said:
@WarmFluffyUK: Wow - 3 Amigas! One girlfriend is enough for me. ;) And - about the fangs - I really am too lazy to cut my nails for a couple of weeks, sometimes. So, well, sometimes I have fangs.

Hmm... I have 6 ones:
2 A500, 1 A500+, 2 A4000, 1 A600 and 1 A1200.
And a broken A3000 :(

One of the two A4000 is running 24/7 and runs a Fidonet mailbox :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Apr 30 2005 at 10:57 PM said:
Alucard posted on Apr 30 2005 at 06:40 PM said:

Hmm... I have 6 ones:
2 A500, 1 A500+, 2 A4000, 1 A600 and 1 A1200.
And a broken A3000 :(

One of the two A4000 is running 24/7 and runs a Fidonet mailbox :)
So far in my Retro Collection I have:
1 Amiga A500
1 Amiga A1200
1 Amiga A1200 with souped up CPU and Memory
2 ZX Spectrums with an original Kempston interface and joystick
1 SpecDrum for ZX Specdrum
1 Currah Microspeech for ZX Spectrum
1 BBC Micro
1 Acorm Archimedes
1 Atari ST
1 Boyfriend called Phil :lol:

I think that's about it, all of the above are still running and working perfectly, including Phil ;) !

Back