Get?

• Preorder

• Maybe after it launches

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ible

professional vim user
I like the idea of an open source OS to tinker with, but I hate the screen. Smartwatches should use e-paper like the Pebble did: I shouldn't have to shield my wrist and turn on the backlight just to see what time it is.

... and I don't like zinc-alloy, I'd love for it to have have camera just for practical reasons (evidence for RMA or after accidents, since the Pyra already has none) and a torch, I could do without a heartrate sensor and I'd like it to have a Risc-V CPU.

But it's a smartwatch, which I'd like to have as peripheral for the Pyra, and they intentionally give me the option to change the OS, thus the programming. I must have one.
@ible Thanks for the find!

Hmm, didn't see anything about expected life between charges. Most smart watches seem to suffer with really bad battery life, though my Garmin really bucks that trend, i can easily get a month out of it if i don't use the GPS features... Plus you can develop for it to, though there are quite a few limitations.

That all said, this pine watch is cheap and probably more flexible, so I'll keep an eye on it

Anyone know how likely it is that we’ll see a multiboot OS launcher for the PineTime, such as exists for the PinePhone?
Or would this not work because of the different firmwares that have to be flashed, not just OSes?

Anyone know how likely it is that we’ll see a multiboot OS launcher for the PineTime, such as exists for the PinePhone?
Or would this not work because of the different firmwares that have to be flashed, not just OSes?
I thought the OS on it is tiny, and more like an Arduino sketch..? Don't think it would make sense to have it multiboot.

Back