Planning To Upgrade Non-flu To Blu, Questions:

Surfer74

Still Fresh
Are there any good videos out there, who would give me the impression how the BLU (or FLU?) looks alike when in action? I used the search function and found 2 threads/guys who once had the same question, but I always found it difficult to make my decision purely based on the describtion of others and rather would like to see it with my own eyes.

I like my gp32 and notoriously short on money, so I really wanted to be sure before I spent 180 something Euro on a BLU... if no video, then maybe someone could tell me if the BLU is any comparable with a PC monitor in matters of brightness, contrast and color, just smaller of course :) Something you can use a.) in the dark, b.) with a non straight ankle, like when you are on your couch and holding the gp quite relaxed and c.) not with your nose just 10 cm above the unit... well, I know, many said "wow, the BLU rocks", but if someone maybe once made pics/vids of it in action, I would be very thankful

(sorry for bad english)

Ok, just image your gp32, but with light. You can see in dark areas, except when your under sun light, it may be harder to see. I remember a website that compared the Gp32 Flu to the Gp32 Blu, but forgot the website name.

A, it can be played in complete dark
B, it can be played on your couch under some light
C, Yes, but thats pretty damn close

Just as long as its not under direct sun, you can see it perfectly.

Maybe I should take some pics comparing the Blu, and Flu. I think I will do that later, or even do some video.

Jr2swiss posted on Sep 1 2004 at 05:37 PM said:
Ok, just image your gp32, but with light. You can see in dark areas, except when your under sun light, it may be harder to see. I remember a website that compared the Gp32 Flu to the Gp32 Blu, but forgot the website name.

A, it can be played in complete dark
B, it can be played on your couch under some light
C, Yes, but thats pretty damn close

Just as long as its not under direct sun, you can see it perfectly.

Maybe I should take some pics comparing the Blu, and Flu. I think I will do that later, or even do some video.

That would be really great! Thx for the quick answer! I actually would not play under direct sun light but rather in places with no or not much light (like I do atm and the non-Flu is a bit uncomftable because I am so limited in how I have to hold the unit etc and I bought the gp32 to not sit anymore infront of my PC to play Emus but rather be relaxed on my bed or couch). A picture of the BLU in no-light and limited-light conditions would be awesome, video of course even more... might help some other guys as well :)

anyway, thx in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve-O posted on Sep 1 2004 at 06:14 PM said:
apparetnly they are not good in direct sunlight

no lit lcd is .. try it with a laptop or something like that

i had a flu and now have a blu. Blu is much better. Flu wasnt great in direct sunlight either is blu but its still not bad.

For me, it´s just important that the gp is really "glowing" in the dark or semi-dark conditions, so you have fresh colors, that allow you to differ between green and blue (in hex tactics games like Advanced Military Commander or Nectaris) etc even when those units are just some pixels big. Like I said, I am probably just of of not many gp users, who play with it at home up to 99%... running a modern energy consuming PC+monitor for old games makes no sense, especially when you play mostly rpg and strategals, who run take some time to finish... the gp is really cheaper and more fun on the long run :)

The BLU is perfect for night use. Much better than the FLU. The light is more even and the image seems clearer because of it and the colours are brighter and more vibrant. There also no annoying light leakage around the edge of the grey sticky out bit of the screen.

GP cinema rocks at night too. Easily good enough to watch in complete darkness for an hour or two with no sign of eye strain.

I already tend to sell my non-flu after just 2 days now :) I wish the BLUS would not be so pricey... though I had a fair price on gbax, but why do they list their prices without VAT, or did I do something wrong when it was over 150 pounds instead of 119? Have to order at Lik-Sang then, I guess. Would still lbe cool though, if someone has pics/vids of a BLU in action

Surfer74 posted on Sep 1 2004 at 11:43 PM said:
I already tend to sell my non-flu after just 2 days now :) I wish the BLUS would not be so pricey... though I had a fair price on gbax, but why do they list their prices without VAT, or did I do something wrong when it was over 150 pounds instead of 119? Have to order at Lik-Sang then, I guess. Would still lbe cool though, if someone has pics/vids of a BLU in action

The screen is backlit so the colors are deep and saturated. They are not washed out like the FLU. The black level is much better too, not a medium grey like the FLU. The brightness is at a good balance between brightness and battery life too.

Thx Azure and DaveC. Nice community here, I enjoyed browsing the archive, very friendly guys and alot of infos

Battery life is no problem because I will play with an power adapter anyway :) And for the rare occasions, I will play outside, 3-4h will be enough

Azure posted on Sep 1 2004 at 11:55 PM said:
I created a short clip illustrating a glitch in super plusha on my FLU a while ago. You can download it here.

If that is the FLU and everyone agrees, the BLU is even brighter and just better, than I can´t wait to get a BLU :D I had no idea, how miserable a non-flu/blu is, I get the idea what I was missing... :ph34r: :D

My BLU arrived today and I have to say I am *amazed* by the quality of the screen. It's a joy to behold. Great in the dark, and still viewable from slightly off-angle.

Order Summary / Shipping Details:

1 x GP32 BLU Game System [Back Light] EUR 179.90
1 x Shipping and Handling (Deutsche Post Maxibrief) EUR 3.00
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: EUR 182.90

yay! Quite neat that Lik-Sang now sends from Germany :) 3 Euro for shipping, you can´t top that! :)

Back