Platman On Uae4all - Possible?

Burbruee

Website
Visit site
amigaplat.jpg

Hello,
Platman is one of the greatest game I ever played as a child, and I would just LOVE to be able to play it again, on a portable device.

Platman is a simple, yet addictive pacman platform-game (just jump across platform, snatch the candy for points and find the key to get to the next room etc.) available on aminet. However since it's not a commercial game it's inside a lha-archive.

I'm not sure if it's possible to unpack the lha and put as a .adf diskimage, or if you have to have Workbench installed. As far as I know, uae4all does not have support for hdf images so I guess it's not possible to install Workbench 3.1 on it unless I've missed something?

I'm wondering what chances I have to be able to play this great game on my GP2X, if possible at all. :(

Thanks.

Download winuae to do all the unlha'ing then create an adf and put the files on. If needed put in a S:Startup-sequence with the relevant command lines in and you should have an adf of platman that you can then transfer over to your SD card.

Also if you want workbench try the floppy versions you dont need to boot workbench off harddrive.

Diskmaster 2 is a good package to unlha files

foleyjo said:
Download winuae to do all the unlha'ing then create an adf and put the files on. If needed put in a S:Startup-sequence with the relevant command lines in and you should have an adf of platman that you can then transfer over to your SD card.

Also if you want workbench try the floppy versions you dont need to boot workbench off harddrive.

Diskmaster 2 is a good package to unlha files
Thanks, that's generally the same idea that I had, I just forgot how to edit the contents on a .ADF.
I downloaded ADF Opus for Windows and I tried to make a blank image and put the files on.
Result: It didn't boot.
I tried to make a blank image from WinUAE and then put files on it through ADF Opus.
I tried to copy over the 'c', 'libs' and 's' folder from a copy of MarbleMadness! ADF that I have.
I tried to open the MarbleMadness! ADF and remove files from it, except those in c,libs or s-folder.
After that I put the platman files on it.
( This method is basically the same as #3, it has the same files on, but I just an already working ADF and just swapped out the contents. )
Result: IT WORKS! :D

It appears as if WinUAE or ADF Opus could not make the image bootable, but modifying an existing and working image did the trick, now on to try it on the 2X and hope for the best!

Thanks. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back