Play "PacDude Hero" On Windows/Linux Before Pandora Release!

JeZxLee

Long Island, New York, United States, Earth
Play "PacDude Hero" On Windows/Linux Before Pandora Release!

Hi,

Looking for some people here to help test our upcoming OpenPandora game.

Official "PacDude Hero 100%" Beta 3a download URL link:

PDH3-WinLinux-Beta3a.zip

(Dual Windows®/Linux compressed ZIP file)

Windows® Requirements:

- XP/Vista/7/8/9 32Bit/64Bit desktops/notebooks

Linux Requirements:

- 32Bit/64Bit Linux desktops/notebooks

- SDL 1.2 + dev

- SDL_Image 1.2 + dev

- SDL_Mixer 1.2 + dev

- SDL_TTF 1.2 + dev

- GCC

- OpenGL for good performance

Enjoy!

JeZxLee

16BitSoft Inc.

Video Game Design Studio

www.16BitSoft.com

PDH3-Title-Pre.png

PDH3-InGame-Pre.png

I haven't played yet, but I love the name and the look.

I think comradekingu meant he would try to run away from the green one, missing the big dot, and dying because of the red ghost, but I may be wrong.

I don't like the way the monsters look. The smiles are silly.

Sorry but Pandora version have to wait the weekend... my free time isn't too much. :mellow:

Gave it a try on my Linux desktop and works quite well. Full screen feels pretty choppy though (smaller screen that is less apparant).

Comment on gameplay: pretty nice pacman clone. I like the small navigation screen and the large sprites. Also nice to have 3 highscore lists  (easy - normal - hard).

Hard is quite fast.

I reached level 4.

Not sure what happens later in the game, but it seems like the speed of the 'pacdude' is not increasing after completing levels. Personally I like the speed increase after each level, makes it more exiting the longer you play. After finalizing a level, I suggest to add a few seconds of pause. Now it immediately continues, that feels a bit off.

Pacman is a game of skill, by seeing the whole screen you know where the ghosts are and based on their position you move around in the maze. I am not a very good pacman player but I think for the highest score more luck is involved than a pacman where the entire screen is visible. Pacmania could get away with something similar, because you also could jump over the ghosts.

That all said, nice little game that looks good (polished gui / menu) . Good music too btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave it a try on my Linux desktop and works quite well. Full screen feels pretty choppy though (smaller screen that is less apparant).

Comment on gameplay: pretty nice pacman clone. I like the small navigation screen and the large sprites. Also nice to have 3 highscore lists  (easy - normal - hard).

Hard is quite fast.

I reached level 4.

Not sure what happens later in the game, but it seems like the speed of the 'pacdude' is not increasing after completing levels. Personally I like the speed increase after each level, makes it more exiting the longer you play. After finalizing a level, I suggest to add a few seconds of pause. Now it immediately continues, that feels a bit off.

Pacman is a game of skill, by seeing the whole screen you know where the ghosts are and based on their position you move around in the maze. I am not a very good pacman player but I think for the highest score more luck is involved than a pacman where the entire screen is visible. Pacmania could get away with something similar, because you also could jump over the ghosts.

That all said, nice little game that looks good (polished gui / menu) . Good music too btw.
Hi b_o_b,

Thank you for trying our new video game on your Linux!

You mentioned that full screen is "pretty choppy"?

Can you tell us your computer specifications?(Linux distro name, CPU name & GHz & # of cores, RAM amount, graphic card name & VRAM amount, etc.)

Also are you using the open-source or proprietary Linux display video driver?

Thanks!

If you have a OpenPandora device then be sure to check out our current two game releases!

(goto our official forum profile for links to "TetriCrisis 4 110% A.I." & "Pixel Artist 2"...

JeZxLee

16BitSoft Inc.

www.16BitSoft.com

Sorry i didn't know of this port...the only differences are un updated engine ( i think)...but mybe here JezxLee will probably be more accurate.

If pickle want to port the new version i'm fine.

I already have this game on the OpenPandora - http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,25,291

How is this port different?

D.
Hi,

Version 3 of "PacDude Hero" has the following changes:

- Optimized graphics for better speed on slow OpenPandora 600MHz device.

- New digital music soundtrack

- Different background when playing(old one was annoying)

- Minor bug fixes

We have asked the original porter "Pickle" to port version 3.

JeZxLee

You mentioned that full screen is "pretty choppy"?

Can you tell us your computer specifications?(Linux distro name, CPU name & GHz & # of cores, RAM amount, graphic card name & VRAM amount, etc.)

Also are you using the open-source or proprietary Linux display video driver?
My laptop (my desktop is probably a bit more beefy but plays exactly the same - on that one I use the NVIDIA drivers)

Ubuntu 14.04

2GB memory

intel core 2 duo CPU T7250@2 GHz x2

Intel 965GMx86/mmx/sse2

The choppiness doesn't affect the pacdude (or gameplay) at all but only the maze. Hard to describe though, I am talking about micro graphical glitches (steps). I also tried the game on wine (windows version) same thing. 

Back