Please help me, order still not processed

Status
Not open for further replies.

eki

Well,

I am so disappointed...

Over 2 years ago I ordered my pandora. Aside from some emails by Jacquelyn (from the UK) everything went dark. Later (february 2012) I emailed Michael Mrozek. I began to have some hope again, but untill today I have heard nothing.

I just wanted that console because it looked so awesome... This is my first (!!!) transaction I have done on the internet that went south. And I have made many.

I watch the forum with release news, and to my surprise they are taking new orders. This makes me believe that my order has been lost. Let me ask you... Ordering in May 2010, and still not processed? I know of the problems that ocurred.

I want to ask if someone that has the knowledge about processing orders to respond to this topic. If you do not want to do this, please contact me through pm or email.

I have a lot of patience, but I am running out.

I can provide my order number as wel as earlier received/sent emails.

Please dont let me down.

Your order hasn't been lost, you are just waiting in line. You have the option to pay the upgrade amount from May 2010 of ≈ $150 to ED or Craig to stop waiting. Or you can continue to wait, likely getting better components as the case has been improved over the last month, RAM was doubled when production was moved to Germany, and there's only 800 OMAP3530s left, with about 1000 people like yourself waiting for their unit, meaning you could wind up with an DaVinci 3730 1GHz Pandora just for waiting, something that people are now paying $700 to get in line for next month to beta test it.

Or you can give up and request a refund if you don't want to pay anymore, or you don't want to wait any longer.

Your order hasn't been lost, you are just waiting in line. You have the option to pay the upgrade amount from May 2010 of ≈ $150 to ED or Craig to stop waiting. Or you can continue to wait, likely getting better components as the case has been improved over the last month, RAM was doubled when production was moved to Germany, and there's only 800 OMAP3530s left, with about 1000 people like yourself waiting for their unit, meaning you could wind up with an DaVinci 3730 1GHz Pandora just for waiting, something that people are now paying $700 to get in line for next month to beta test it.

Or you can give up and request a refund if you don't want to pay anymore, or you don't want to wait any longer.
Hmm, I never thought about it that way. Maybe I should save my $369 and see if I get "upgraded by necessity" in the future...

Thank you for replying. It is greatly appreciated.

But there are more people like me as you say. And maybe they have some problems too regarding the time it takes to produce their units. Is it an option to email them that their order is still being processed, and in the future they will recieve their unit?

Don't get me wrong, if I email to a person/company in the UK to order my unit and all contact goes through there. Then after a while they do not reply to emails anymore... Without a notice that all contact now goes through another channel, you think you have been scammed.

If you ordered from Craig/Jacquelyn (the UK lot), they are still your contact. Michael (in Germany) is in charge of selling new units, but your order will be fulfilled by the people you ordered from.

Who knows why they chose never to spam their customer list with an explanation of what's going on and how things will proceed; but the common or garden Craig is a mysterious and hard-to-pin-down creature.

I am looking for a refund.

Please inform me who I got to write to?

Craig/Jacquelin or Micheal?

Ok thank you. I ordered in the uk, so there is my email going to.

2nd email sent, no reply yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, referring to him as a garden Craig leads me to believe he only turns into a human at night once he's fulfilled his garden Craig responsibilities...

Phase 1, collect preorders

Phase 2, ?

Phase 3, Underpants!

eki: I waited 2 years from the first day of preorders, so I can kinda understand what you're feeling at the moment, but the wait was totally worth it imo... if there is no reply, maybe try using an alternate email just incase a spam blocker somewhere along the line is shooting you straight to the trash. It shouldn't matter if it's a different email from the one you used to order if you can supply them with your order # and such...

No, Im done with it. Ordered in May 2010, still no unit, and I need the money for other purposes. Ive been patient long enough I think so. The lack of communication is dreadful. This is also a reason why Im out.

1) Long waiting time

2) Almost no communication

3) Ordering an IT item, getting it after more than 2 years means that its outdated. Even with the 1 GHz chip.

4) I have multiple netbooks, portable devices. Linux on a portable device, isnt necessary anymore for me. Got that in the more than 2 yr wait.

5) The tax authority claimed money, I do NOT wanna be in debt.

6) PS Vita scene just came alive. If its not open, im gonna make it open.

I have 5 PSP's, 2 Vita's. All gameboy editions. Atari Lynx (Both versions) a Sega Gamegear. So I am a portable console freak. And, most of them are in storage (commodore 64, amiga 500, msx, atari st1040, and early pc's as well as nes,snes, nintendo 64 sega 16 bit etc etc)

I do have a thing for open source, but this is just beyond my limits. Im disappointed but ill buy one in a couple of years from now on ebay or such.

Pandora has the lowest priority for me now.

And still no reply from the uk. Im gonna keep this up for a month, then im going to contact michael. (3rd email sent, no reply yet)

Use another email? yeah... right. If its not communicated, I cant send it.

Sorry for the late update. Ive been working on my vita's psp emu kernel.

Got an email on the 13th (!!!) of October, stating that my order is cancelled. Finally.

Im furious at the fact that for a refund, another way of payment has been chosen than my way of payment, thus being a "security issue". Asked questions about that, no reply yet.

Replied today with a reminder email. It seems that everything is postponed a month. (Where refunds could start in October, it now should be mid november. Forgive me for not holding my breath)

It is starting too look like I need to get my friend in gear. (He works for SBS Holding Netherlands B.V., 1 national newspaper, several local newspapers and 3 national TV channels.)

If this isnt sorted quickly, I am following up on his advice, and the favour he has offered.

Doesn't look like getting your friend's "help" is going to do any good to you or anyone else, as it seems Craig is simply out of money until November.

Good luck with your Vita's kernel work, they should better get out of that psp sandbox sooner than later.

Well, and as I'm working in TV business myself, I'm not eve sure what his friend will do...?

Post a story in a local newspaper that some company has issues sending someone a refund...?

Not sure if that's of interest for someone, so it wouldn't even make sense putting this into a newspaper or in TV.

Anyways, yes, it's a sad story, but not much can be done until there's money back in Craigs pot, right?

Not that I do like that, but no one can do wonders.

I can't say that Craig's customer service is any good, but writing to the press won't help anyone

• newspaper editor publishes article about obscure, foreign, financially unstable, niche electronic gadget company with difficulties refunding customers? When apple is gearing up to launch something? Really?
  • Fewer pandora customers --> less money in Craig's account --> more difficulties refunding people
  • Threats won't help if you aren't being mistreated intentionally

There is an item on kickstarter projects planned in November. He thought he could use this casus.

Noisiest bird? Im just getting fed up with this. (luckily) Never in my life ive come across something like this.

Im not the only one in this, And ill bet there is a substantial amount of money involved. We have made it possible that some persons got their pandora's Maybe this concerns you even?

After 2,5 years im just done, and I need the money for other purposes, as stated above.

If I had the money now, I could pay the tax authority, now I cant and I must pay in terms. Thus paying extra money for interest.

Noisiest bird? Im just getting fed up with this.
Everybody understands why you are fed up, but what was the point of threatening OP ltd with bad press coverage?

In the current situation, (as it apears according to Craig's behavior) there is no money to refund you you will have to wait a week or two before there is money in place for more refunds. It sucks. But sucking money out of ED's company (as has already been done) or siphoning it out of the iCP2 funds will get the project in an even bigger mess.

It's not only not helpful, it's even a pretty delicate thing.

iControlPad Ltd. and OpenPandora Ltd. are two different companies (even though they're run from the same guy) and iCP Ltd. never had the issues OP Ltd. had.

And the iCP 2 is by Product 3 LLC, another company run in America...

Then there's my company, OpenPandora GmbH which is another different company run by someone else (me) and I don't have refund issues... and hopefully we'll find a way to get more money back into OP Ltd. As well.

These are all things that need to be considered and not mixed up. Simply claiming OpenPandora cannot refund any money would be a false accusation, as I actually CAN refund and have no fund issues... then I could go against the newspaper, etc.

Something I really don't want to see happening, really.

It won't help anyone, that's for sure.

Dont worry. This will get sorted out in a maticulous, carefull and correct way. (If they decide to use it) The research team consists of 10 people (1 being my friend) who have access to chamber of commerce registrations etc. Its not like I on my own will be doing research.

When we had a talk in the pub about this the other day it went kinda like this.

me; "You know that console I ordered in May 2010, where I asked for a refund lately?"

he; "Oh Dude, good you reminded me, I want to look into that as we are doing a piece about kickstarter projects in November that is scheduled for broadcasting in December!"

etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back