Plese Help? Trouble Formatting Smc

So Solid Jedi

Still Fresh
I'm having trouble Frmatting my SMC, i have 3 SMC's they were all working on my GP32 Blu up until i tried to transfer some files, then they all became corrupt. I have read about the SMC Formatter tool for Windows using a card reader, my PC has a card reader and i generally use it but when i downloaded the Windows SMC Formatter program and ran the program:- gpdev, it runs ok but when i highlight the cardreader letter ie. H and then try formatting it it comes up with this error message?

Access volation at address 0047F297 in module 'gpdev.exe'. Read of address FF50C5CB.

Does anyone know what's causing this? :(

I'm having trouble Frmatting my SMC, i have 3 SMC's they were all working on my GP32 Blu up until i tried to transfer some files, then they all became corrupt. I have read about the SMC Formatter tool for Windows using a card reader, my PC has a card reader and i generally use it but when i downloaded the Windows SMC Formatter program and ran the program:- gpdev, it runs ok but when i highlight the cardreader letter ie. H and then try formatting it it comes up with this error message?

Access volation at address 0047F297 in module 'gpdev.exe'. Read of address FF50C5CB.

Does anyone know what's causing this? :(

Don't recognise the program you are using from the name of the exe. The one I used to format my corrupt SMC is mkdosfs_gui.exe. Just click it and it will ask you for the drive letter and it will format the card.

Used it a number of times now without a problem. :)

Here's the link to the file mkdosfs

Last edited by a moderator:
Back