Pls Pls Help, Programmer Needed

R

royston79

I just had the most classy idea last night, just a sudden sharp thought of imspiration that hurt like hell after (my mind hasnt a very large capasity). Anyways I want to share it with you guys because its simple yet genious.
Every week I have a problem when it comes to picking my lotto numbers, I was wondering if a skilled dev could knock up a program which would generate the six numbers I should pick on a weekly basis. I never do the pot luck option the National lottery offer (doesnt seem as fun somehow) but I have lots of faith and confidence in my lovely gp32_console and would quite happily trust it with my weekly pound allowance for national lottery ( come on guys, give it a chance have you won yet). Plus could you imagine if it picked out the right numbers, well I would definately leave a post on the board then, something with the title: I've won the stinking bra nipple lottery. What your thoughts guys, cant be that hard, infact I would do it myself if I liked programming (which I dont cant think of anything more boring sorry). But the gp32 community has some great skilled programmers which must enjoy it and I for one would be greatful for this program, pls input your messages leaveing ideas on how this could be done, improved or if you want to be a ass and diss my idea, we can do that too !!

That what makes the GP32 community great, :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not being an ass but its a pretty poor idea.

You normally get responses to most threads at this site but 3 days later not one person has responded to this.

Theres plenty of websites which work out the average and tell you what balls to choose etc. Either that or just tick lucky dip, the chances are probably the same.

If at the end of the day you worked out all the averages then i doubt you are any closer to winning it all or people would be using this formula every week to win wouldnt they ?

I'm sure some Harvard grad has tried to come up with something like this, no offence to all of us but if some Harvard Grad hasnt sold some formula to win the lottery then i doubt if some GP32 fan can do something better.

You'll be telling me next that pyramid selling and 419 scams are good next !

Let people get back to working on new emulators instead of such tosh as a Tamigotchi simulator or a lottery balls predictor !

Actually, they've already give a university professor 1 million lottery tickets to fill in, and gave him access to the past lottery numbers. I don't know how many pens he used, but he ended up winning just over £20,000. Not a lot really from a million lottery tickets!

So just tick "lucky dip" and be done with it, and save all the wear and tear on pens...

royston79 posted on Jul 1 2005 at 01:38 PM said:
I just had the most classy idea last night, just a sudden sharp thought of imspiration that hurt like hell after (my mind hasnt a very large capasity). Anyways I want to share it with you guys because its simple yet genious.
Every week I have a problem when it comes to picking my lotto numbers, I was wondering if a skilled dev could knock up a program which would generate the six numbers I should pick on a weekly basis. I never do the pot luck option the National lottery offer (doesnt seem as fun somehow) but I have lots of faith and confidence in my lovely gp32_console and would quite happily trust it with my weekly pound allowance for national lottery ( come on guys, give it a chance have you won yet). Plus could you imagine if it picked out the right numbers, well I would definately leave a post on the board then, something with the title: I've won the stinking bra nipple lottery. What your thoughts guys, cant be that hard, infact I would do it myself if I liked programming (which I dont cant think of anything more boring sorry). But the gp32 community has some great skilled programmers which must enjoy it and I for one would be greatful for this program, pls input your messages leaveing ideas on how this could be done, improved or if you want to be a ass and diss my idea, we can do that too !!

That what makes the GP32 community great, :lol: :lol: :lol:

None of those lottery pickers increase your chances of winning. It is always random so a lucky guess is as good as anything. If you flip a coin and it comes up heads 9 times in a row what are the odds that it will come up tails on the 10th flip? Odds are still 50/50.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like an idea that I would have come up with, which generally means it's a pretty bad one.

@ royston: Do you still want this? I could go ahead and program something that picks 6 random numbers and displays them and then resets the GP32 when you press "A".

yeah deffinately, I prove you doubters wrong, I just have a funny feeling if someone were to produce this, people would use it for a crack, and I know its unlikely your win but what if, you soon thank me then !!

By the way I want half of whatever you guys win, even if its a £10 note (lol)

I'll give it a go then.

*Opens up Notepad to hack in some C*

I'm not a very good programmer in C, so what you'll end up with is someting that's just functional and that's it.

Goity posted on Jul 25 2005 at 03:54 PM said:
Ok, I'll whack one up in fenix.

Be back in half an hour

Haha, thought of doing that, too, but then I thought, it`s too stupid... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back