Pandora Pnd Cookbook

cosam

Website
www.cosam.org
I've documented a few tricks I've used to get PNDs working the way I wanted. Stuff like setting up config files, Zenity dialogs, checking file contents, etc. Hopefully there's something useful in there for budding packagers. Maybe the old hands can review and/or edit this as necessary; they may even learn something too ;-)

http://pandorawiki.org/PND_Cookbook

Nicely done! We've bantered these things around in random forum posts, but putting it all together in one place is brilliant!

BTW, as an aside .. the file picker I put into my beta SNES9x4d4p awhile back, and is now in Gargoyle .. it can be used in code, or just used as an external file picker like zenity. It still needs lots of pollish and options, but works well enough .. I should probably plop that up somewhere for people to use, as well. (ie: file picker, that shows a full screen wallpaper and used specified ttf font/size/colours for its file picker .. can be a little more attractive looking than zenity;s gtk picker, though that one is more flexible.)

jeff

Hmmm...mildly disgruntled here.

With late night munchies I was hoping for recipes in PND format....perhaps someone could dev something fanny craddick/nigela/masterchef/chong and a blender style together?

Pretty please with sugar ;)

Back