Pandora Pnd-file:permission problems

lomaxx

Recently i released the music player daemon package as pnd (http://repo.openpand...app=mpd-package). For me everything runs fine, but one pandora-user reported problems, which you can read about here (continues on page 2).

I believe to vaguely remember that someone had similar problems with a different pnd-release of mine and it seems to be related to users which store the pnd on a fat-filesystem-sdcard (though I have no verification about that).

Now I wonder if someone ever experienced or read about a similar problem. My closest guess is that it's related to user-rights, but to me the way i pack the pnd seems sane. I packed it as normal user by running the line:

Code:
pnd_make.sh -c -p mpd-package -d pnd/ -i pnd/mpd-icon.png -x pnd/PXML.xml

Additionally all files in the pnd-directory are owned by the user and set to the username for the group as well, like the command "chown <username>:<username> <filename>" would do. the flags are set to "-rwxr-xr-x" for executables and directories (just starting with 'd') and to "-rw-r--r--" for all other files.

Has anyone got a clue? I didn't try to run the pnd from a fat-formated card yet nor did try to instruct the user with the problem to test running the pnd from NAND. But maybe I will do soon. If someone else wants to test it, please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neelix was kind enough to post a solution in the above mentioned thread. Or at least one that sounds reasonable to be one. This still has to be verfied, but I'm confident. So I see this as being solved. If I run into further problems, I will report back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back