PNDManager issues (bug/requests)

ZXDunny

Deep avatar
Hi -

Been using PND manager a fair bit, and found some issues.

1. I'd like to be able to flag a PND as "don't update" so it doesn't appear in the list of updateable PNDs after a refresh. For example, Code::Blocks is too big now so I don't want any more updates. "Magnetic" removes the built-in games if I update, so I don't want to do that. Duke Nukem adds useless extra icons to the already massive games menu, without actually adding any more functionality so I don't want that either. But each time I get those three begging to be updated.

2. There is a bug in the installer section. To reproduce:

2a. Hit START to update the PND list, choose a PND but don't update it.

2b. Exit PND Manager. Wait for the chosen PND to update *again*.

2c. Start PND Manager and do not hit START, just go to the chosen PND and update it.

Hey presto, one corrupted PND. It will have the same filesize as the first instance, but the content of the latest update.

Edit: You don't even have to exit PND manager - the author of the chosen PND just has to update his PND in the time you press START and the time you download the update.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd also find it helpful if, when attempting to update/download software when not connected to the internet, you got a message saying:

"Please connect your pandora to the internet to download new software. Press done (enter) when you have done so, or cancel(x) to abort download."

Or similar.

I noticed that after I opened code blocks, then closed it (as usual it wont unmount), pndmanager wants to load libXi.so from /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/lib instead off the normal lib folder

I noticed that after I opened code blocks, then closed it (as usual it wont unmount), pndmanager wants to load libXi.so from /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/lib instead off the normal lib folder
This is likely a problem with Code::Blocks - if the image won't unmount then something is probably still in use by the system - possibly a bunch of libs are still linked, in which case anything else that wants to use those libs will get the wrong ones.

D.

Don't know if it was reported already, but if I download an app with an usb wifi stick, that gets me downloadspeeds of over 800kb/s, it shows only 176kb/s while downloading. Not sure if it really only downloads at that rate or if it is faster and just shows that speed.

This is likely a problem with Code::Blocks - if the image won't unmount then something is probably still in use by the system - possibly a bunch of libs are still linked, in which case anything else that wants to use those libs will get the wrong ones.

D.
Note that you can now force code::blocks (both IDE and CommandeLine) to cleanly unmount at exit. It will ask for your password, so it's not activated by default because it's a little weird to enter password to quit...

For this, you have to add a dummy file "clean_pnd" in appdata/codeblocks/init

(And just remove the file to get back to default behavior).

hi recently my pndmanger no longer starts. i have not performed any updates to the pandora. i replaced the pnd from the repo and it still does not start, i long pressed the pandora button and i cant kill it (process is not there) and i did a process search in terminal and it does not show pndmanager is running

please bear wth me i am a linux newbie

thank you

I would like to suggest changing the key that syncs with the repo. I like to have the PNDmanager on one desktop and, say, thunar on another deleting appdata dirs - switching desktops with alt+ctrl always syncs unnecessarily. No biggie though.

A cosmetical issue is seen on the search page where the authors line of an app is long enough to reach the stars rating, e.g. Snes9x4P.

hi recently my pndmanger no longer starts. i have not performed any updates to the pandora. i replaced the pnd from the repo and it still does not start, i long pressed the pandora button and i cant kill it (process is not there) and i did a process search in terminal and it does not show pndmanager is running

please bear wth me i am a linux newbie

thank you
Have you tried to delete the pndmanager folder in your appdatafolder?

I'm having a problem where it will only download app updates to 50 percent and than stops.  It still says installing, but the bar never moves past 50%

How do I delete preferences?  I tried deleting the pndmanager folder in appdata but that didnt do it.

Seems I'm not able to rate the apps... after I click the stars appears the rotating icon and then it stays there forever, until after a lot of minutes the program closes (sometimes, most of the time I close it)

Did you connect to a network properly before starting PNDManager?

yes, all the other things are working ok, updating, downloading and all, but if I rate an app it remains there forever

If he hasn't entered a username and API key in the config file then the rate button shouldn't show up in PNDManager to begin with.

That being said, is there anything that would cause the API key to change?

- Neelix

This evening I can try to generate a new key

EDIT: ok, with the new key I have no issue anymore :)

Back