pnds acting up not using appdata

meandu229

Zubeman
Website
www.zubeonline.com
my PND files are using the folder they are in e.g /pandora/menu/games instead of appdata

this started since I started booting from my sd card

here is an example from my pndrun.out file when i ran dosbox

Code:
sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/BIGP/pandora/menu/Emulators//Dosbox.pnd -e rundboxfe.sh -b dosbox

not mounted on loop yet, doing so

LoopMountedon: 

/dev/loop1

Filetype is Squashfs

Mounting PND (mount -t squashfs) :

/dev/loop1 on /mnt/pnd/dosbox type squashfs (ro)

Filesystem is 

Mounting the Union FS using /media/BIGP/pandora/menu/Emulators/dosbox as Write directory:

none on /mnt/utmp/dosbox type aufs (rw,si=67185137)

none on /mnt/utmp/dosbox type aufs (rw,si=67185137)

[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]

cp: `default/..' and `.' are the same file

QIconvCodec::convertFromUnicode: using ASCII for conversion, iconv_open failed

QIconvCodec::convertToUnicode: using ASCII for conversion, iconv_open failed

./rundboxfe.sh: line 3:  1505 Killed                  ./dboxfe

[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]

cleanup done

any ideas?

i saw someone post this in a thread but couldnt find it

I'd say, open pnd_run.sh, search for the echo with "Mounting the Union FS" and then backtrack to find out how the dir is selected (probably just an env war, maybe even $APPDATA, but I couldn't find the source for pnd_run and don't have my panda yet)

any ideas?

i saw someone post this in a thread but couldnt find it
Yep. That's my fault.

This behaviour is actually something planned as a feature requested by daveC. But should only happen if your using a "-d" argument as command-line parameter for pnd_run.sh.

But it also happen that I set also this as a fallback if the mount-point cannot be found (or found to be /)...

Edit : pnd_run.sh source is to be found there. the problem is between lines 392 and 397.

Edit2: I would recommand you to edit /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh and transform the line 392 from :

Code:
if [ ! -d "$MOUNTPOINT" ] || [ $MOUNTPOINT = "/" ]; then

to

Code:
if [ ! -d "$MOUNTPOINT" ]; then

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed how long I diddn't do any bash, but from what I understand of it, a workaround (until there's a fix) would be to set $APPDATASET to 1 because then the check for the mount point doesn't run

Code:
export APPDATASET=1;

sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/BIGP/pandora/menu/Emulators//Dosbox.pnd -e rundboxfe.sh -b dosbox

if that works, one could put the export line in /etc/profile

EDIT: nah, won't work, probably. Anyway, sebt provided a solution allready :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so. My logic was flawed sure, but it also triggeed a bug in busybox.

The pnd_run.sh found here should fix that.

We need to list all the tests that need to be done before releasing a new version of this script.

Back