Pocket Pcs

mattmagoo

OFFICIAL
Website
Visit site
Hey, i just got paid, and I have an urge to spend some money

i just wanted to know peoples thoughts on Pocket PCs (in particular HP ipaqs) and whether or not they are worth the money

what sorta systems can be emulated on a 400mhz-ish PPC

and are there any decent image editing suites available, or is it just MSPAINT style stuff

thanx

EDIT: IS THIS A GOOD DEAL FOR £199??

Are you buying it for emulation or picture editing? Doesn't look like it has the button lay out to suit any sort of emulation.

im buying it for movie playing, imaging, writing whilst im not at computer (which i do ALOT)

emulation isn't any where near top coz i got GP32, just wanted to see what its like

meh, im prolly gonna buy the HP ipaq 1220 2moro morning

thecheat: u appear to have forgotten a little sumthing i like to call a bank balance, of which mine is less than $2,000

Meh, looks pretty sucky to me. Then again I bought the Asus MyPal for about £200. It's 400 MHz and has extremely good emulation capabilities, but is not so good for general use. Therefore your iPAQ is probably the best choice. Also I got the MyPal because I didn't want Bluetooth or WiFi - if that's important to you, go for a high-end iPAQ. 1 (?) 210 is fairly low.

I've used several PocketPCs for emualtion. They're not bad, but the buttons get on your nerves in the end. I went back to my GP32 after a lot of frustrating attempts to get a satisfying gaming experience from one.....

If you want bluetooth wait for the gizmondo, personaly, I don't want one but you can text I think and its got gps and built in bluetooth.

Back