Pocketsnes 6.4.4

headoverheels

Still Fresh
New version of the snes emulator PocketSnes. Changes of this version:

Changes by Reesy
  • Zipped save states
  • Rom Browser code tidied, you can now set the default directory from inside the rom browser. The rom browser now also tells you the current directory.
Changes by headoverheels
  • Fixed some bugs in layer priority (super ghouls'n ghosts level 4 for example)
  • Optimizations in tile rendering code, ppu emulation, ...
  • Changes in volume control to be more usable with headphones in firmware 4.0.0 and louder with firmware 4.1.1
  • Fixed: some games do not work if you don't restart the emulator
  • Menu now sets cpu clock to 66 mhz to save battery
You can download it from http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=L2RREAPP

Enjoy it

Good job! :D
I'm very happy to know that there are coders that still work on the gp2x software.
Thank you :D
I noticed that is impossible to set rom directory and in the file romdir.opt the directory is correct but the emulator doesn't start in that place at all.
Someone else has this problem?

Thanks again HeadOverHeels (and also to Reesy).

I notice a few things though:

Why is there a "Delete Rom:" text at the top of the ROM selector? (I know you can delete ROMs with the Select button, but that new text doesn't make sense.) :huh:

I also notice that the change in the save states made saving/loading states much slower than before.

Another thing, why is the CPU Speed setting in a different position now in the Options list, as well as some of the other settings. (The new Volume Limit option from the beta is also missing, but I guess it auto-detects it now.)

paradroid said:
I'm very happy to know that there are coders that still work on the gp2x software.
I noticed that is impossible to set rom directory and in the file romdir.opt the directory is correct but the emulator doesn't start in that place at all.
Same here, the default ROM directory setting is broken. It saves the romdir.opt correctly, but always start at the original directory whenever the emulator is restarted. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
finally, a new version of pocketsnes has released, i've been waiting for.
now volume limit is louder than before much more on FW 4.1.1,
that's really cool :)
but..here are some problems.
first, can't save default rom directory.
second, some back ground gfx looks glitched in some games.
(e.g-Dragonball Z - super butouden 2..)
it never happend in previous version of pocketsnes.
i look foward these problems fixed in next release :)

Manjuu said:

Why is there a "Delete Rom:" text at the top of the ROM selector? (I know you can delete ROMs with the Select button, but that new text doesn't make sense.) :huh:

I also notice that the change in the save states made saving/loading states much slower than before.

Another thing, why is the CPU Speed setting in a different position now in the Options list, as well as some of the other settings. (The new Volume Limit option from the beta is also missing, but I guess it auto-detects it now.)

paradroid said:
Same here, the default ROM directory setting is broken. It saves the romdir.opt correctly, but always start at the original directory whenever the emulator is restarted. :(

Volume limit autodetects? But what if you DON'T want to limit the volume? I think there should be a way to turn that off.

Anyway it is nice to see an update, Thanks :)

Manjuu said:

These changes are from Reesy's version 6.4.4. I will check it, maybe there is a bug in the settings reading code or I forgot something in the copy-paste process :)

DaveC said:
Volume limit autodetects? But what if you DON'T want to limit the volume? I think there should be a way to turn that off.
There is no volume limit, now you can set volume as high as you want.

This emulator just keeps getting better! :D

Fantastic job on this Headoverheels and Reesy!!!!

paradroid said:
There are news about saving rom directory and glitches in some games ?
Yes, I'll publish a new version in the coming days.

headoverheels said:
paradroid said:
There are news about saving rom directory and glitches in some games ?
Yes, I'll publish a new version in the coming days.

Thanks for the great work, SNES is a main emu to have, good to see it getting better :)

thanks for the great work!

can you add "L" and "R" button for fast move up/down?
it would be better for browsing large number of roms.

doremi said:
can you add "L" and "R" button for fast move up/down?
it would be better for browsing large number of roms.
You can use left-right for fast move.

hi headoverheels, nice work on the updates. Any chance I get a copy of the source code, so I can port the changes to the Gizmondo?

Thanks in advance.

Later
Reesy

Might be a silly question, but if I download the latest version can I still use my save states from the previous version? I am in the middle of Zelda ALTTP and I don't want to lose any data!

Savestates should be compatible..however when you save in the new version the save state will now be compressed (ie a zip file). So if you ever want to use an older version of PocketSnes you'll need to manually unzip the file first other wise the older version will just think the save state is corrupted.

P.S There is a new version now ( look at main news ), just in case you missed it.

Great, thanks for clearing that up and answering my question so quickly Reesy.

Back