Pocketsnes 6.4.5

headoverheels

Still Fresh
New version of the snes emulator PocketSnes. Changes of this version:
  • Fixed: background graphics bugs in Dragon Ball Z Super Butoden 2
  • Fixed: bad sound in Actraiser.
  • Fixed: error loading default rom directory.
  • Fixed: bug in compressed savestate loading.
  • Fixed: Sound issues in firmwares < 4.0.
  • Optimizations in c4 emulation code.
Changes by headoverheels

I hadn't even installed the 6.4.4 and there's already an update!

Unfortunately, I am getting "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable"

Could the file be uploaded again please?

Thanks for the great work on this. It is great to see SNES getting better.

Awsome , thanks :p

Amazing work man! I tried Mega Man X2 and X3, and the wire-frame bosses hardly slow the emulator down anymore, and I can finally beat X2 at near full speed! Thanks very much for the C4 optimizations!

Now that I have played with this new version for a bit, here are what I noticed so far:

Good to see that the graphical glitch in "Dragon Ball Z - Super Butoden 2" is now fixed, but it seems to be running slower than in the previous versions, even in the older ones that didn't had this glitch.

Well I already mentioned it before, the "Delete rom:" text in the ROM selector seems out of place, and probably should be removed or edited. It's just a minor cosmetic issue, not a big deal though. :p

Another thing, in "Donald Duck - Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow", there is a glitch in the sprites; they are messed up. This problem is actually not exclusive to 6.4.5, and I already noticed it several versions ago when I tried it back then. Sorry that I never mentioned it before.

Sorry if I sound ungrateful, but I just wanted to point these issues out and hope that these could help improve the emulator more. I really appreciate all the work you've done for this emulator (and in FBA2X and other emulators). Thank you very much. :)

Metalwario64 said:
Amazing work man! I tried Mega Man X2 and X3, and the wire-frame bosses hardly slow the emulator down anymore, and I can finally beat X2 at near full speed! Thanks very much for the C4 optimizations!
Wow, you're right! The wire-frame bosses are now very playable. They used to slow down the emulator to a crawl even with overclocking, and I could only beat the Sigma Virus using the one-hit kill shoryuken due to how unplayable it was. Definitely nice improvement. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hirolaser said:
Thanks for another update of Pocketsnes . Will there be a new version of Finalburn?
Let me relax a little :D

Manjuu said:
Good to see that the graphical glitch in "Dragon Ball Z - Super Butoden 2" is now fixed, but it seems to be running slower than in the previous versions, even in the older ones that didn't had this glitch.
Pocketsnes is based in snes9x 1.39. I have added a lot of changes from snes9x 1.43 that fixes some games but unfortunately break other. Hdma emulation is not very accurate so to fix that game I have to increment the cycles per scanline and this slow down the game :( You can enable audio performance hack, it helps in that game.
Manjuu said:
Sorry if I sound ungrateful, but I just wanted to point these issues out and hope that these could help improve the emulator more. I really appreciate all the work you've done for this emulator (and in FBA2X and other emulators). Thank you very much. :)
I really appreciate your comments ;)

Great HEAD OVER HEELS, :) however i have problems with BATMAN and ROBIN game, when fight the first boss (a great toy soldier) afther a lot of time the game FREEZE, (but the emu work).
I have used 6.4.4 beta (fixed version) this new the 6.4.5, is more slow.
Thank you HEAD OVER HEELS, this work is great. :)

OFF TOPIC: for FBA, HEADOVERHEELS is possible to enable the ROTATION screen for vertical games and play it with TVOUT?

thanks a lot headoverheels. I only wish I had more time to play chrono trigger and secret of mana. maybe when I finish fallout 3...

thanks for this update, MMX2 runs awesome, I noticed a bug in the bubble crab stage, the big fish moved in a random path, I got damage even if I not get touched by his beam and it didn't arrived once at the place where the gate opens, so it never opened, I disabled transparencies and background layer 2.

Someone had the same problem??

f-100 mk2 fw 3.0.0

shinra said:
thanks for this update, MMX2 runs awesome, I noticed a bug in the bubble crab stage, the big fish moved in a random path, I got damage even if I not get touched by his beam and it didn't arrived once at the place where the gate opens, so it never opened, I disabled transparencies and background layer 2.

f-100 mk2 fw 3.0.0
Haven't checked, but Neo Sigma poses a similar problem. He is always going through walls. He will sometimes go through the roof, and come out on the bottom, but his beam will still be coming through the top. It's weird. It's a darn shame if what you say is the case as well, because the speed ups were awesome!

shinra said:

f-100 mk2 fw 3.0.0
Same here, except mine arrived at the gate and opened, but it was broken nonetheless. :(

Metalwario64 said:
Haven't checked, but Neo Sigma poses a similar problem. He is always going through walls. He will sometimes go through the roof, and come out on the bottom, but his beam will still be coming through the top. It's weird. It's a darn shame if what you say is the case as well, because the speed ups were awesome!
I only tested the Sigma Virus (I have a save state at that point), so I didn't fight Neo Sigma. Too bad it's also broken. :(

These bugs were in 6.4.4 or only with the latest version? Can anyone give me a savestate to check it please?

Regarding button remaping for USB gamepads:

headoverheels said:
I plan to implement it for version 6.4.5, it's not difficult at all.
Did this get added to 6.4.5 or not? (haven't been able to test it yet - I'm still at work)

headoverheels said:
These bugs were in 6.4.4 or only with the latest version? Can anyone give me a savestate to check it please?
Only in 6.4.5 (for the big fish, I haven't tested for Neo Sigma).

I'm not home at the moment, so I can't send the savestate. <_<

EDIT: PM sent. ;)

Also, it seems it wasn't Neo Sigma (1st form) that was broken; it was the Sigma Virus (2nd form, wire-frame). I didn't notice it at first until I replayed the old working version.

Manjuu said:
headoverheels said:
Only in 6.4.5 (for the big fish, I haven't tested for Neo Sigma).

I'm not home at the moment, so I can't send the savestate. <_<

EDIT: PM sent. ;)

Also, it seems it wasn't Neo Sigma (1st form) that was broken; it was the Sigma Virus (2nd form, wire-frame). I didn't notice it at first until I replayed the old working version.

Oh? I mixed them up? My bad... I thought that Neo Sigma was the second form... Also the two beam enemies during the mini boss in Crystal Snail's stage seem to messed up as well.

Back