1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Podcast Software for Windows

Discussion in 'Offtopic Discussions' started by Ian J, Apr 19, 2017 at 12:39 AM.

1. Ian J

Ian J Advanced Member

I'm hoping some can help with this as I'm an avid podcast listener and it looks like feedburner have changed something as my current software (which is no longer in development) works.

My current software of choice PodPuppy hasn't been in development for a number of years.

The one thing it did that I couldn't find on any other downloader was tokens to rename the files.

As I listen to so many podcasts I like to listen to them in order and PP allowed me to rename the files with Year Month Date so that they were sorted on my player.

%Y %M %D - Fred Bloggs Podcast

I've never seen any other downloader that allows this.

Does anyone know of one?

Tags:
  2. edgex004

edgex004 Advanced Member

3. Ian J

Ian J Advanced Member

I've looked at gPodder but it requires too much other software installing to work for my liking.

4. Ian J

Ian J Advanced Member

Just goes to show

After contacting the relevant site about their feeds and getting the "it's something your end not ours" I went to using a basic feedreader and downloading the podcasts manually.

Today I decided to try my original software, would you believe it my feeds are working again.

I emailed the site to let them know it was working again and they replied that after my email they checked and there was an error at Apple with their data, they did apologise for not getting back to me.