pointer doesn't move on xfce desktop

dibad0011

Still Fresh
After my pandora crashed while playing on panmame the mouse pointer is frozen.it doesn't respond to the nub movements.I have already restarted the device 2 times with no success.hope someone can give me a solution without having to reflash. thanks

This is a common bug that happens when a program that switches the Nubs to Joystick mode crashes.. You just need to manually set the nubs to Mouse mode again.

Go to the nub configuration tool in settings in the XFCE window, set the left nub to Mouse Movement, right nub to Mouse Buttons and click the Write button.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a common bug that happens when a program that switches the Nubs to Joystick mode crashes.. You just need to manually set the nubs to Mouse mode again.

Go to the nub configuration tool in settings in the XFCE window, set the left nub to Mouse Movement, right nub to Mouse Buttons and click the Write button.
Thanks!  I used to reflash all the time because of this.  Your instructions saved me from the need to reflash this morning.  Thank you.

Mupen 64 is a case in point for resetting the nubs to joystick mode.

This happens after a rom crash when you have to reboot your machine :)

I told PSCReARMed to quit accessing the nubs for this reason. Although it's hard to live without them in Mupen64, I wonder if changing the control config to stop using them would make the program stop switching the nub mode.

This switch to joystick mode is usually done in a start-up script on PND launch.. When the PND closes normally It sets the nubs back to the prior setting.. if this is interrupted it causes this bug..  These scripts are created by the person that packaged the PND and not some config setting.  

This switch to joystick mode is usually done in a start-up script on PND launch.. When the PND closes normally It sets the nubs back to the prior setting.. if this is interrupted it causes this bug..  These scripts are created by the person that packaged the PND and not some config setting.
Would it be a good idea to automatically set the nubs back in default/mouse mode on startup, to counteract this ?

That would be a good idea, so the last  profile created by the nubconfigurator could be loaded on boottime.

Would it be a good idea to automatically set the nubs back in default/mouse mode on startup, to counteract this ?
That is indeed a good idea. I had this problem a long while back (caused by XCOM crashing possibly). Resetting the nubs back to mouse mode sorted the issue.

Speaking of things needing resetting - my Pandora icon button (like the START menu button on Windows) used to be on the far left of the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. A clumsy fumble of the Pandora yesterday and now that button is in the middle of the taskbar. I can't drag it back to where it was. Is there a menu to put it back? I looked through Settings and other menus but couldn't spot one.

I had this issue as well where the Pandora icon disappeared after trying to overlock the machine.  But pressing the physical Pandora button still brings up the program menu.  I had no way to fix this other than reflash the machine.  Do you how to fix this as the icon is not there for me to "Right-Click in the icon and select move."?

You can right click the panel and click "add new items".

Then add "Xfce Menu". In the dialogbox select op-start.png as the icon and uncheck "Show title in button".

Also select /etc/xdg/menus/xfce-applications.menu as custom menu file.

You can right click the panel and click "add new items".

Then add "Xfce Menu". In the dialogbox select op-start.png as the icon and uncheck "Show title in button".

Also select /etc/xdg/menus/xfce-applications.menu as custom menu file.
Hey thanks!  You should write "OpenPandora For Dummies!" :D

The nubconfigurator needs to save a profile somewhere on the nand and mark it as current.

This one needs to be read by a script at startup and set the nubs to the settings it contains.

Should be pretty straight forward.

The nubconfigurator needs to save a profile somewhere on the nand and mark it as current.

This one needs to be read by a script at startup and set the nubs to the settings it contains.

Should be pretty straight forward.
If someone knows his ways around in the system. :mellow:

So first things first, do you know where the configurations are stored, and how they are applied ?

Back