Poll Locking - Why?

giffel

Why was the poll "is gp32 dead soon?" locked?
People were voting and discussing happily along (apart from the troll). Is there a
rule that a thread with more than 5 pages is forbidden? Did the locker wake up
in a bad mood? Is it sensible to close an active poll due to some semi-troll?
Very strange.

Rico is a mad locker, he thinks that anything exceding 4 pages (no matter how active) should be locked :angry:

hes gone mad with power, hes gonna eat the chort....

eh, that topic took a wrong turn anyway. i was kinda happy it was locked, people were just starting to repeat themselves.

Rico is a mad locker, he thinks that anything exceding 4 pages (no matter how active) should be locked

He certainly doesn't!

We would never lock a topic because it was getting too long if the discussion was still on the original topic anyway. People were just starting to get OT and trolling, so I'm sure Rico made the decision due to that.

Never take a locking personally. Forum management is part of the mod's job, and it prevents this forum getting like loads more out there, and getting full up of a load of old crap that most people wouldn't want to read anyway....

Cheers

I think, too, that it was wise to lock that topic...
Ahh, not this one, Axeman, but the GP-dead-thingy-one.

Didn't sound like it would end up in serious discussion, just in "I know better than you!"-argueing.

I just still don't know why he paid that much money for a GP32, got mine for much less... :lol:

People were voting and discussing happily along (apart from the troll).
Contrary to your belief I don't lock topics because I'm in a "bad mood".

I can't control all the posts. The last post was "This Thread is Gay." before that " mangax is a troll, simple as that.
Everyone just ignore the fucktard " and before that more arguments. The fact is, your poll has good potential for proper discussion, but also potential for GBA/GP32 flamewars.

In retrospect I apologize, I should have simply split the topic into two, so Mangax's Pocket PC discussion was taken elsewhere and your topic was kept for what it was made for.

However I disagree that they were discussing "happily" ... nearly everyone had something bad to say about Mangax in the topic.

To sum up, I'm sorry to lock it, but it's my job. I doubt that leaving it unlocked would prove a good idea.

- Rico

ps rcx keep that up and I'll turn your avatar to the goatse pic :D

Last edited by a moderator:
rico made the right move, that thread sucked man it was just people arguing and calling each other names soooooooo childish

remember, Don't Feed The Trolls...if you feel you gonna argue just leave it

Hehehe, what do you mean if I keep up what else have I been doing? And what is a goatse anyways??? Turn it into that if you want, I might like it, and if I don't can't I turn it right back?? Well, I still think that you are a mad locker anyways!

Back