Poll: Name of the successor

What name would you prefer for the Pandora successor?

• DragonBox

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • DragonFly

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Dragora

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Miriad (or DragonBox Miriad / OpenMiriad)

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Myridon (or DragonBox Myridon / OpenMyridon)

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Pandragon (or DragonBox Pandragon / OpenPandragon)

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Pyragon (or DragonBox Pyragon / OpenPyragon)

Votes: 19 17.1%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to everyone who contributed in the other thread to the list of names.

It's been quite a lot of names and I narrowed it down to a few. I checked the names for already existing trademarks, Google results, etc.

I also removed the ones that had "Open" or "DragonBox" before them - whether we'll add that or not will be something we can decide later.

It might be needed for the domain name anyways, as it seems quite a few domain names are already registered :)

So these few names is what's left - enjoy voting.

Voting will stay open until December 15th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any special reason to spell "miriad" rather than "myriad"?

Dragonfly! Its the only memorable name that rolls off your tongue, imo.

The other names just ain't catchy enough.

If it were to be called "Dragonbox", would it be a good idea to have a number with it (e.g. Dragonbox  A123) to differentiate it from any other future products?

Cool my one " Pandragon " is still alive :D

I thought it was forgotten.

Like Artus Pendragon from the King Artus Saga ^_^

I think we need a round Table for the Device (fit in a OpenSource Community) :p

I voted for Pandragon, it has a nice ring to me! Isn't Dragonfly a mobile phone thing in Japan? I could be wrong though....

Is it possible to have a short summary for each name?

(I tried to find them in the threads without help, but was unsuccessful)

Open Pandragon, Open Pandora sound a bit similar :) . And I like the All Dragon ;)

Its interesting to see the way that the opinions of people who respond to polls are not always the same as those who take time to comment in long threads in the P2 spam section.

I hadn't quite realised how popular "Dragonbox" is.

^it doesn't make sense for 32 supporter of a singel name to make s post stating "I like the name dragonbox" or "+1 dragonbox". Such a thread is pretty boring.

OK "DragonBox" is gonna win :)

Ed, next post is the logo voting post, have you picked/sorted them out to see which ones will be polled?  

If it were to be called "Dragonbox", would it be a good idea to have a number with it (e.g. Dragonbox  A123) to differentiate it from any other future products?

I quite like what Atari did here with their naming convention, wasn't the model number '2600' named after a chip used [or some other part no. inside the console anyway]

That type of naming would be good I think, adopting the number suffix from a component like the chip or something, which would likely change with future products too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back