[poll] Vote For Nulldc Dreamcast Emulator On Pandora!

Do you want to see the nullDC Dreamcast emulator on the pandora?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No! - I just dont want it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! - I don''t think its possible / reasonable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeZu

Still Fresh
A poll to figure out how much interest there is, and deciding how much time the developers should spend on the pandora specific port of nullDC (A SEGA Dreamcast/NAOMI/Atomiswave emulator).

8 pages in a couple days should show how much interest there is :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I never got to have a dreamcast, didn't get to play most of the games. I'd really like to have nulldc on the pandora (I only use emulators on portable devices). If push comes to shove, I can probably donate quite a bit towards buying you a pandora.

Don't know if a poll makes sense in this case. I don't remember anybody in the last topic beeing negative about it.

If craig won't send you a dev-board right away and ask you for money, just setup an paypal-account for donations. I'm sure you'll get the money very quick ;)

I don't think we have to care if it's possible or not. It's you that spend their time on it.

This is dumb. No one has any reason to complain about more software being available. The dev has already committed to it & he's going to work on it either way...or not. uugghh... so tired of these topics...

We should donate.. If people want to see DreamCast, they should pay for it...

I already have a pandora (pre)order.Just in case anyone wonders :)

'drkIIRaziel' said:
I already have a pandora (pre)order.Just in case anyone wonders :)
Awesome! Cant wait for some Dreamcast emulation , hopefully you can get Sonic Adventure 2 25+ FPS , that would be really awesome, because its playable at that speed.

i voted with the 1st answer to both questions, even though i am aware we may never see a fully-functional (as in: capable of actual commercial games emulation) dc emulator. the reason behind my vote is that a dc emu would be a really interesting "academic" project too - just laying out the problem fundamentals and helping with uderstanding of the subject. from there on who knows, maybe pandora2 will be sufficiently more powerful to actually allow nullDC to flourish.

I think everyone wants this - open a PayPal account like the man says...I would LOVE this :rolleyes:

'Consequence9' said:
This is dumb. No one has any reason to complain about more software being available. The dev has already committed to it & he's going to work on it either way...or not. uugghh... so tired of these topics...

lol. You might want to look into who started the thread. ;)

How probable are playable speeds on any real games? I suppose there is some value in working on this to understand the system better, but in that case, the Beagleboard is fine to develop for, and I think any free Pandoras should go toward other Pandora-specific things.

If, however, there is a real chance (seems unlikely to me, but then, I know little about the technical aspects of emulation) then by all means, go ahead...

Indeed, I am one of the developers (who doesn't have a pandora pre-order).
I did start the poll, why does it have to be dumb? The other thread is indeed pretty positive, but a poll has #'s rather than trying to count the number of replies to a topic. Also it has a specific question, two of them infact, one is encouragement for the mods to send dev. hardware.

I think some of you might find it a bit nicer if it is in a nicer state by the time you guys even receive your pre order pandoras !

Due to the requests for paypal address:

stef_mp@emudev.com :: A paypal account both of the developers have access to.

If the users pay for them instead of pandora guys sending one, I will make beta testing a public affair (starting the day i get my pandora setup) !

Thanks again for all the support, it helps for the many hours of madness involved in writing something like this.

Counsequence9 wouldn't have called it dumb if he knew you were one of the devs. It's just that we've had lots of useless threads and polls (eg. "Who wants HALO!!!") from people whose only purpose it seems, is to create said polls. :D All good, carry on.

'ZeZu' said:
Indeed, I am one of the developers (who doesn't have a pandora pre-order).
I did start the poll, why does it have to be dumb? The other thread is indeed pretty positive, but a poll has #'s rather than trying to count the number of replies to a topic. Also it has a specific question, two of them infact, one is encouragement for the mods to send dev. hardware.

I think some of you might find it a bit nicer if it is in a nicer state by the time you guys even receive your pre order pandoras !

Due to the requests for paypal address:

stef_mp@emudev.com :: A paypal account both of the developers have access to.

If the users pay for them instead of pandora guys sending one, I will make beta testing a public affair (starting the day i get my pandora setup) !

Thanks again for all the support, it helps for the many hours of madness involved in writing something like this.
I think a lot of people wouldn't mind donating money so you can receive your Pandora as well give a little extra for the time spent coding. I know I wouldn't because this is something I was wishing would come to the Pandora. My dream of portable Shenmue 1 and 2.

After my Pandora arrives I will likely send some money, since I would love to see a good DC emulator on a pocketable. Until then, maybe they should consider sending you a free one for the publicity that the emulator would be worth.

Sorry for the skepticism, but I feel it has to be said...

Aren't people being a little too blindly enthusiastic to this? I mean, one day Dreamcast is considered impossible and the next day we're talking about throwing money and dev boards at somebody offering to attempt a emu. A Dreamcast emulator would be great (beyond great) but I think we (or at least I) should have a little more than a single video of a Nulldc boot up on beagle board to be convinced.

Not trying to offend anybody... Just my two cents...

'Izolo' said:
Sorry for the skepticism, but I feel it has to be said...

Aren't people being a little too blindly enthusiastic to this? I mean, one day Dreamcast is considered impossible and the next day we're talking about throwing money and dev boards at somebody offering to attempt a emu. A Dreamcast emulator would be great (beyond great) but I think we (or at least I) should have a little more than a single video of a Nulldc boot up on beagle board to be convinced.

Not trying to offend anybody... Just my two cents...
They aren't just anybody. They are the original NullDC authors and who better to have doing the port than the original. If you haven't tried NullDC for the PC, give it a go and maybe you'll change your mind about the possibility.

I think we should donate but into an account where maybe craig or evildragon would keep it,and if people want it to keep donating into it until there's enough cash for some motivation into getting it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back